Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brake booster is in fabrication. +/- 2 weeks heading J's way.

Wheel order finalized tomorrow, +/- 2 weeks heading J's way.

Scheel-Mann order finalized tomorrow, _/- early next week heading J's way.

Met with Aluminum fabricator today. Meeting to look at the 60 this Saturday or Sunday. Involves headliner and dimples=)

RestoMod Air HVAC, controller, vents - still finalizing a few details, hoping to have order finalized 1-2 weeks.

Infinity Box full body harness - still finalizing a few details, hoping to have order finalized 1-2 weeks.

Power window conversion - Still finalizing a few details, hoping to have order finalized 1-2 weeks.

Still need to decide/order:

Upper 62 dash. Love the old school look of the 60 dash but equally love the more modern 62 layout.

Running boards. This is more of a financial decision. A few costs overruns and pretty sure the RSE power steps are a no-go.

Shifter. Love the Lokar and Trail-Tailor combo...classic, masculine. But I want a specific console more. Decision to be made at TT.

A/V. Alpine head. JL Audio speakers. Alpine compact/weather rated amps. Waiting on pricing.

Front/Rear bumpers. Decision to be made at TT.

Rack: Still debating but if it happens, ordering a Bowfin.

Accessory lights: Mix of JW speaker, Rigid Industries, Baja Designs, a few custom CNC housings on the inside cabin

Ok, my heads starting to budge, calling it a nite!

#6.2SuperChargedFJ140

If the next two weeks go as planned, no major shipping snags, no major changes while at J's (yes, that's a personal note to myself), then that's the exact time frame we're hoping to be out your way.

Places: Looking mostly for rustic, cabin, weird (but not like the hosts tie you to the bed and peg you weird), remote, etc. Have you ever stayed in the fire towers that are available to rent? That's something we're extremely interested in doing during our bucket list trip.

Thanks - Shane

Definitely cool places on the western side of WA.

Check these places out for firetowers. I haven’t stayed in any but that would be very cool. It is somewhat common to overnight hike up for summer sunrises. Gets dark at 9:30 and light at 5 during mid summer.

The last one is drive up via 4WD FS roads. It is pretty remote but should be my pick to explore.

Hit me up if you need other recommendations.

-Dave

30+ y/o bolt! Amazing. . .

2Feb23FJ60BodyProgressIMG_3209.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure I've developed hypertension related to these final build steps. . .

Wheels: After mocking-up numerous wheels, decided on a set of old school 17x9 steelies, painted/coated in either accent color (bronze) or body color (Dark Emerald Frost).

Seats: Sat in a set of Recaro Expert M's, comfy. Sat in a set of Scheel-Mann Vario's that were literally just installed, stiff. Sat in a set of Scheel-Mann's that were about 2 years old, my ass registered PLUSH! Call to Toby, ordering a pair of Vario F's but will have the center section material recovered with Keystone Bros Atlas Laser. Rear bucket seats TBD once she gets to J's shop.

Body/Paint: Rear taillight mods corrected, she's getting the Lizard Skin and Second Skin sprayed this week. If all goes to plan, should be in the paint booth the following week.

Shane

View attachment 3235361

View attachment 3235362

View attachment 3235363
absolute sucker for bronze wheels. Think the contrast would be better vs matching the body. I mean you want this rig to stand out a bit, right? :)

absolute sucker for bronze wheels. Think the contrast would be better vs matching the body. I mean you want this rig to stand out a bit, right? :)

dude, was literally thinking about you during the whole anxiety inducing wheel choice. . .specifically you & J's comments suggesting to run the steelies from the get go, lol. Bastard!

Being a Subie lover, you gotta know the bronze wheels hit the button when I see them. But it was the dark emerald frost & bronze Cadillac CT5-V I saw in person that put everything together. I was like. . .bam, that's it!

Stand out a bit? Hmm. . .you know how low key I am, right. . .quiet, reserved, keep my opinions to myself, believe in non-violence and guns should only be owned by those who don't obey the law. . .

Ever wonder if someone you know is from another planet. . .and you're thinking, how can I get a DNA sample to verify? The idea/concept to reality, it's like taking a Pixar/CGI and saying, **** yeah, I can design/build that! Yeah, I complain and say things like. . .this build is giving me hypertension, sleepless nights, blah, blah, blah but it's also like experiencing Christmas morning EVERY MORNING!!!

FJ60TTbumper.jpg

Getting down to the nitty-gritty. Wheels, booster/MC, seats ordered.

Next decision, steering wheel.

Three choices, all Sparc Industries, are the Flux, Triple Crown, and Truss:

Flux:

Flux Steering Wheel2.jpg

Flux Steering Wheel1.jpg

sparc industries steering wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Triple Crowne:

Triple Steering Wheel1.jpg

Triple Steering Wheel2.png

Last edited:
Truss:

Truss Steering Wheel2.jpg

Truss Steering Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Ever wonder if someone you know is from another planet. . .and you're thinking, how can I get a DNA sample to verify? The idea/concept to reality, it's like taking a Pixar/CGI and saying, f*** yeah, I can design/build that! Yeah, I complain and say things like. . .this build is giving me hypertension, sleepless nights, blah, blah, blah but it's also like experiencing Christmas morning EVERY MORNING!!!

View attachment 3244366

Holy s*** giving TT a run for his money!!
Sick ass front Bumper!

Holy s*** giving TT a run for his money!!
Sick ass front Bumper!
That bumper and pretty much everything else is either designed and built or significantly influenced by TT. Crazy, Sheldon from Big Bag Theory like skills, and a total enabler of your wildest dreams!

Appreciate the compliment and official build thread on the horizon. . .#fckyeah!

Last edited:
Ever wonder if someone you know is from another planet. . .and you're thinking, how can I get a DNA sample to verify? The idea/concept to reality, it's like taking a Pixar/CGI and saying, f*** yeah, I can design/build that! Yeah, I complain and say things like. . .this build is giving me hypertension, sleepless nights, blah, blah, blah but it's also like experiencing Christmas morning EVERY MORNING!!!

View attachment 3244366
never mind a nother planet, that's from the far rim of the galaxy next to us. wait 'till he smashes his thumb n you'll get your DNA sample. :hillbilly:
how soon before it's on your truck? i wanna see it.

never mind a nother planet, that's from the far rim of the galaxy next to us. wait 'till he smashes his thumb n you'll get your DNA sample. :hillbilly:
how soon before it's on your truck? i wanna see it.
Still at the body shop, waiting on the weather to settle before spraying the heat/sound, then to the paint booth. Weeks, feels like months. . .then on her way for the final transformation.

So what steering wheel sparks your Interest?
I like the first one.
Heavily leaning toward the Flux (1st set of pics). Really like the Triple but might be a little too deep to go with the overall flow of the interior. First saw the Flux on a Mil Spec Auto's M1-R build. . .kind of hit all the buttons.

That Flux one is sweet. Wonder if they can put in a steering wheel heater while you are there, grabbing cold aluminum in the winter wont be super fun 🥶
Wheel will definitely be wrapped. . .and working on the heating aspect. Actually thought it would be easy but nooooooo, a bit more complicated than I assumed it would be.

Not for everybody but one of my favorite finishing touches. . .being built and soon to be at the TT magic factory!

Master Power Brakes: Carbon Fiber Booster, Billet MC, Combo Valve

Carbon Booster.jpg

Billet MC.jpg

MP Combo Valve.jpg

And next up is the HVAC. Still debating on which unit to go with (Haymaker-S vs Vapir 3-S) but narrowed the controls down to two choices (Elevate individual pods vs NUK Pods) and two choices on the vents (deep dish vs quantum).

Control choices:

Elevate:

RMA Controls.jpg

Nuk Pods:

RMA Controls 2.jpg

Vents:

Quantum:

RMA Vent 3.jpg

RMA Vent 4.jpg

Deep Dish:

RMA Vent 2.jpg

But. . .the Holy Grail of this build. . .requiring a ridiculous level of craftsmanship. . .is the front bumper. I know I just posted about it but it's my thread and I'm so f'n excited, got out of bed all giggly this AM and been walking around in la-la land all day today just thinking about it, what it took to design and build it. . .my mind is still just blown away!

Hat's off to J @ TT for always going above & beyond even my own thoughts/dreams. . .taking a concept and making it a reality:

FJ60_Concept.jpg

FJ60TTbumper.jpg

Mic drop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom