Intermittent blinking TPMS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I have had a blinking TPMS light in my 06 since I bought it, I recently put new tires on with new sensors and the people at discount tire were able to successfully program the new sensors. Now when I drive the light will be off for a bit and then, at random, start flashing again. Flashing TPMS light indicates that the the vehicle is not receiving from the sensors, is there a receiver or something that needs to be replaced since it is intermittently losing connection? I'm not too familiar with how the TPMS system works but is there some part that needs to be changed? Or is this something I can resolve via Techstream?

Last edited:
I would look in Techstream to see if there are any codes thrown. Could be any number of things.

Also look at the sensor data. I bought “Genuine OEM” sensors for my winter wheels and one shows the temp as -58F or something absurd. My light flashes on 10F and below days until the wheels / tires warm up from driving.

Make sure there isn't too much stuff/papers jammed in your glovebox pressing in slightly on the TPMS button for the second set of wheels. It happened to me.

I check the tire pressures on a regular basis anyway so I took out the gauge cluster, covered that light with black electrical tape :rofl:

I would look in Techstream to see if there are any codes thrown. Could be any number of things.

Also look at the sensor data. I bought “Genuine OEM” sensors for my winter wheels and one shows the temp as -58F or something absurd. My light flashes on 10F and below days until the wheels / tires warm up from driving.
I’ll take a look tomorrow hopefully and see. I have a sneaking suspicion that the sensors might be the issue.
I check the tire pressures on a regular basis anyway so I took out the gauge cluster, covered that light with black electrical tape :rofl:
Might have to follow in your footsteps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom