What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulling o2 sensors on my 94 turned into this. I have a 97 down pipe with a cat I am gonna use and move one of the o2 sensors to the exhaust manifold. Have a shop weld me up a pipe after the cat to the muffler and be done.

View attachment 3243146

View attachment 3243147

Here's my plan when the time comes to replace the 02 sensors in my 94:

1. Try to remove the crusty old sensors after soaking for a few days in PB blaster.
2. If there is any difficulty in removal stop and leave them in place.
3. Ditch the PAIR system and install new 02 sensors up there instead. Reroute the 02 sensor wiring as needed.

What’s the correct orientation?
Following your front exhaust pipe routing shows the front 3 cylinders flow into the outside or right-hand side pipe and the rear 3 cylinders flow into the inside or left-hand side pipe. Your outboard wire goes to the front manifold.

Cheap cargo box complete. I mean, I still had to mortgage my house to afford the lumber, but it is cheap, relatively speaking. Pocket screws and glue. I will build the wings and the second row sleeping platform next.

View attachment 3240423View attachment 3240424
Looks good to me! No drawer slides? They're all the rage with the kids these days... Mine slide on strips of MDF "wood," works pretty well.

:cool:

Looks good to me! No drawer slides? They're all the rage with the kids these days... Mine slide on strips of MDF "wood," works pretty well.

:cool:
Ha, nope, no slides. They slide just fine with weight in them with a bit of muscle. I did buy some polyethylene slick tape to put down but I don't notice much change.

Just an 80-series chassis being modified.

386752FF-2F43-4855-9696-0776114F3750.jpeg
48A94E3D-81BB-4C02-AB17-98519B9FF2DB.jpeg
8FA95D81-57FD-45A9-93D1-80E1AFC30669.jpeg
60E9F201-CBE1-47D9-93EB-796AAA14EB41.jpeg

Cheers

New o2s now just need to figure out the TPS and get to the exhaust shop. Will use the fsm tonight and adjust. Hopefully that solves my engine stumble.

722A98A0-CC11-4345-AC24-18ACF882A6D9.jpeg

When you are adjusting the TPS I recommend taking off the throttle body and cleaning it first (if you haven't already), as well as the idle control valve tip and passages. I found it was easier to adjust the TPS when the throttle body was off so I could confirm it was matching up with the throttle plate when at the idle position. You'll also be able to see if any of the cables (throttle, cruise or transmission) are too tight causing the throttle plate to be open when it should be fully closed.

Oh and to keep the vacuum throttle opener open grab a longer piece of spare vacuum hose, suck it open, then pinch the hose with vice grips. Without it open you'll be fighting the settings and it won't fully close to the idle position.

I had been dealing with a low idle on mine (400rpm) for a while and now its right at 600-700 where it should be.

1675980810082.png

1675981072598.png

When you are adjusting the TPS I recommend taking off the throttle body and cleaning it first (if you haven't already), as well as the idle control valve tip and passages. I found it was easier to adjust the TPS when the throttle body was off so I could confirm it was matching up with the throttle plate when at the idle position. You'll also be able to see if any of the cables (throttle, cruise or transmission) are too tight causing the throttle plate to be open when it should be fully closed.

Oh and to keep the vacuum throttle opener open grab a longer piece of spare vacuum hose, suck it open, then pinch the hose with vice grips. Without it open you'll be fighting the settings and it won't fully close to the idle position.

I had been dealing with a low idle on mine (400rpm) for a while and now its right at 600-700 where it should be.

View attachment 3243822

View attachment 3243825
Yah I cleaned the heck out of it when it was apart and didn’t even think about adjusting. Lesson learned. Thanks for the tips!

Lol im 50k in and only half done..
I recently re-insured my 80 because of all the "investments" I have made. I added it up before I called the insurance company and I have $35K of modifications / after-market equipment already. I recently recieved my LSeat seat covers and will probably dynamat the whole vehicle when I am replacing the seat covers. I think the right term is "never ending journey"!

Last edited:
Picked up a stubby 3lb sledge with an unfinished wood handle at a local hardware store. I sanded and coated with linseed oil.
Also grabbed a chunk of scrap from a neighbor’s deck rebuild. This will be great for my bottle Jack in the desert or leveling the rig for sleeping!
9517BED8-805B-4245-AAA4-1FE099319DF2.jpeg
973ED2CA-2CC5-4879-A2AD-2106AB5CCDE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like Yokohama Beach. (yeah, I know that's not the proper name) Love that place. Some days it's like having your own private beach. My wife and I go to Hawaii almost every year. I think we'll be there in August this year.
You got it! I've been on the island for almost 9 years now. If you have any questions for your next visit (if you'll be on Oahu), feel free to send me a private message!

You got it! I've been on the island for almost 9 years now. If you have any questions for your next visit (if you'll be on Oahu), feel free to send me a private message!

I sure appreciate it. I've been there so much, I feel like I live there. I was in the 25th Infanty Div. back when I was much younger. We've also got some family on the island. The first place we always go, is Zippy's. I love their Korean Fried Chicken.

Light tabs added to the bump it offroad bumper for the KC Daylighters.
Waiting on my switch panel to come it.
403A229D-4522-409C-AB9A-7D6E5E97E039.jpeg
2493669F-AC32-4AE0-90C4-7F635E6857A5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom