Dogs and 70’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inspired by the similar thread in the 60-series section, post up pictures of your dog(s) and your 70(s).

Here’s our cattle-dog/husky/german shepherd mix Ari with my HZJ73.

B2718EFA-6B4C-4346-9CC7-C91DF8268D9B.jpeg
06DE1844-19E4-4C93-8D98-0B7911AF8422.jpeg

Nice!
What colour/trim is your HZJ73? Mine is similar, Color code 045, Trim code FC10 on the firewall. What are yours?
Color is a custom blend done in Japan before I imported it - called "metallic blue"... That's all the info I got on that. Original color was 183, the dark gray/slight blue tint.

Trim is is FC10/ZX model.

Nice. Are those 70-series steelies with XZL's? What size?
They are, 8.25r16. A few years ago I had a chance to buy a brand new set and I jumped on it. They are better in theory than in practice though. The weight, road noise, and how quickly they wore out were very disappointing. That being said, they look incredible on a 70.

Last edited:
They are, 8.25r16. A few years ago I had a chance to buy a brand new set and I jumped on it. They are better in theory than in practice though. The weight, road noise, and how quickly they wore out were very disappointing. That being said, they look incredible on a 70.
I plan on going with some Yokohama MT's for my next pair, but you don't see XZL's very often on US cruisers so they do look unique. I thought the XZL's were supposed to have longer tread life since they're more commerical/military grade... Or is that not true?

I think that might be true if you keep them off the pavement and under 65 mph. Anytime I did a lengthy highway drive the treads were noticeably worn. I don't think I even got 20k miles on them before they needed to be replaced. Excellent off road though, and you can run really low tire pressures. Ultimately much happier with the Toyo M55 I switched to, similar dimensions as the xzl tires and 100% more civilized.

I think that might be true if you keep them off the pavement and under 65 mph. Anytime I did a lengthy highway drive the treads were noticeably worn. I don't think I even got 20k miles on them before they needed to be replaced. Excellent off road though, and you can run really low tire pressures. Ultimately much happier with the Toyo M55 I switched to, similar dimensions as the xzl tires and 100% more civilized.

I ran Toyo M-55’s for a long time. They are an impressive, commercial grade tire.

E9CB6282-C2BB-4C1C-AB01-99008587C159.jpeg

Some of your older posts are actually what turned me onto them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom