Disappointed with toyota. (Transmission) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have lc300 vx 4000km and I get the 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear clunk or not so smooth gear change when rolling real slow and then stepping on the gas but not smashing it. and jerks at speeds below 60km. Anyone have the same problem as me?????

No one seems to have an LC300, let alone having problems with it! Can your local Toy dealer not help?

I have that exact issue with my lx600. Appears to be fairly common. Lexus dealer has been made aware, suspect it'll be a software fix in the future.
Did the dealer give you a specific appointment?

Last edited:
Huge issue for saudi LC300s as well. Dealer says its software tune for the trans that will be updated soon. not sure what soon is for them

I have that exact issue with my lx600. Appears to be fairly common. Lexus dealer has been made aware, suspect it'll be a software fix in the future.
Hi, Has your car changed anything? has it been better?

Hi, Has your car changed anything? has it been better?
Nope. I've learned to go a bit easier on the gas when I'm in that specific "slowing down but not stopping all the way to get up and go again" situation.

I'm also reminded that this vehicle makes speed feel very slow, and it is actually a 3-ton vehicle dancing around like a late 90's sports car. Slowing down and speeding up do have to handle lots of weight, so I've adjusted my expectations just a bit.

Nope. I've learned to go a bit easier on the gas when I'm in that specific "slowing down but not stopping all the way to get up and go again" situation.

I'm also reminded that this vehicle makes speed feel very slow, and it is actually a 3-ton vehicle dancing around like a late 90's sports car. Slowing down and speeding up do have to handle lots of weight, so I've adjusted my expectations just a bit.
Have you been like this since you bought it?

Have you been like this since you bought it?
The vehicle has been like this since I bought it, and I've learned to drive it just a bit differently.

Still otherwise very happy with it, 12,000 miles, favorite vehicle I've ever had (and am on number 25 or so)

The vehicle has been like this since I bought it, and I've learned to drive it just a bit differently.

Still otherwise very happy with it, 12,000 miles, favorite vehicle I've ever had (and am on number 25 or so)
yes, let's wait for the fix update.

I have this same problem as well, currently at 6k miles, and I've learned to control the throttle like docyota said.

Also, have any of you noticed that when you're at slow speeds (i.e. turning in a parking lot) and you have the wheel turned more than 50% into the turn giving it throttle almost feels like the engine cuts power for a brief second to prevent a fast hard turn?

docyota, you said you owned many vehicles, did you find fit/finish issues with all Range rover products. Also, have you owned an LX570 before and how do you find the fit/finish, plastics, and overall "solid" feel of that vs the LX600. I currently own a 21LX and the 22 and find a marked difference in that area. (the 600 doesn't even have leather in the dash)

I have this same problem as well, currently at 6k miles, and I've learned to control the throttle like docyota said.

Also, have any of you noticed that when you're at slow speeds (i.e. turning in a parking lot) and you have the wheel turned more than 50% into the turn giving it throttle almost feels like the engine cuts power for a brief second to prevent a fast hard turn?

docyota, you said you owned many vehicles, did you find fit/finish issues with all Range rover products. Also, have you owned an LX570 before and how do you find the fit/finish, plastics, and overall "solid" feel of that vs the LX600. I currently own a 21LX and the 22 and find a marked difference in that area. (the 600 doesn't even have leather in the dash)
Range Rovers had fairly decent fit and finish, though within a year or two they squeak a bit and things begin their inevitable decay. Have not owned an LX570, but worked in the used car business for a decade and experienced them quite a bit. Yes, definitely incredibly solid, leather everywhere, definitely felt a bit more upscale...for that style.

I think the LX600 embraces a bit more of a minimalist vibe, and I actually like the soft touch non-leather dash, and the other non-leather materials. Everything is definitely lighter (doors, steering weight, some buttons), but I like it.

You'd think I'd get more used to it and have more to quibble about over time, but there's nothing like wrapping up a long day in the cardiac OR, tucking the patients in the ICU, and then driving home in the quiet, comfortable, un-demanding LX. I really like this vehicle. The lack of an excessive amount of features is to me a perk, I don't have to think about 300 options, just hop in and it almost drives itself home.

And, on the rare occasion I have to race back to the hospital, 100mph in this thing feels like 55.

Thanks for the reply doc

What’s the fastest (sportiest) vehicle you’ve owned?
Driven: panamera 4s
Owned: never was much into sports cars. Had a '97 z3 for a bit in med school that I tinkered on for a few years, sold it and made enough money off it to buy my wife's engagement ring. But I've mostly own trucks and suvs.

I have lc300 vx 4000km and I get the 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear clunk or not so smooth gear change when rolling real slow and then stepping on the gas but not smashing it. and jerks at speeds below 60km. Anyone have the same problem as me?????
Same, LC200s used to do this too in my experience, and 2006-2007 LC100s with the AWD transfer case (comes in all models in the US). Start accelerating, let go of the gas and accelerate again. Clunk, sometimes really rough sometimes subtle.

In my experience, this clunk goes away when you disconnect the front drive shaft and lock the center diff to make it 2WD, but then you wouldn’t have 4WD🙃

Hi all,
Take a look at the below thread. This is a well known issue that I had assumed would have been corrected with the 300 series but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Interestingly, I was able to identify a TSB associated with the “shift shock” and had my dealer install/update my 200 transmission with success. Other dealers were not aware of a TSB and therefore couldn’t install/update their 200.
Hope it helps.

Shift shock in 2017 200 Series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/shift-shock-in-2017-200-series.1009813/

Hi all,
Take a look at the below thread. This is a well known issue that I had assumed would have been corrected with the 300 series but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Interestingly, I was able to identify a TSB associated with the “shift shock” and had my dealer install/update my 200 transmission with success. Other dealers were not aware of a TSB and therefore couldn’t install/update their 200.
Hope it helps.

Shift shock in 2017 200 Series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/shift-shock-in-2017-200-series.1009813/
200 update fixes other than 300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom