CEL Code P0430 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had the check engine light on in my FJ for the past year, I've replaced the O2 sensors, the MAF sensor, one air fuel sensor, ran catclean through my gas tank and changed the catalitic converter. My obd2 reader is showing code p0430 bank 2 (drivers side) I can change the other air fuel sensor but I dont think that will make the CEL go away. I don't think the CEL will go away because I made the CEL come on by spraying carb cleaner into the vacuum lines that go to the charcoal canister back in 2017. I never changed out parts in the charcoal canister. My worry is that all the years of the CEL coming on every other week that changing the other air fuel sensor wont solve the problem. I've read multiple solutions that changing out PCV valves, Using different motor oil, and changing all exhaust sensors solve it. Who has dealt w/ evap emissions codes in their FJ and what has worked for yall? All comments are welcome.

Which O2 sensors have you replaced and what brand went in?
I replaced both O2 sensors (down stream) with Denso O2 sensors, I replaced the air fuel sensor with OEM. I could be wrong but I dont think changing the other air fuel sensor will make the CEL stop. The obd2 reader is saying that the issue is on the drivers side which is the side I worked on.

What brand of cat you changed?

These things are adjusted so strictly that working cats are not enough.

Find some O2 extension bung or URD O2 simulator and just drive. Or move the O2 sensors behind the rear cats.

I changed the cat with a Dorman, My mechanic said that he does these swapps on tacoma's with the 4.0L engine with no problem. I cant move or swap the O2 sensors because they wont plug in the the wiring harness, I'm pretty sure this is by design. How have the extention bungs and URD o2 simulators worked for you?
What brand of cat you changed?

These things are adjusted so strictly that working cats are not enough.

Find some O2 extension bung or URD O2 simulator and just drive. Or move the O2 sensors behind the rear cats.

I changed the cat with a Dorman, My mechanic said that he does these swapps on tacoma's with the 4.0L engine with no problem. I cant move or swap the O2 sensors because they wont plug in the the wiring harness, I'm pretty sure this is by design. How have the extention bungs and URD o2 simulators worked for you?
Sounds like you've replaced everything on the sensor/cat side. Dorman may not be helping but I'm decently sure my PO threw on aftermarket cats and have been fine.

*IF* the sensors are good *AND* the new cat is good I'd look at Torque app data on fuel usage/trims on bank 1 vs. 2 to see if you have an injector hanging thats running rich and throwing that bank out of whack or exhaust leak at the manifold/collector or intake leak pulling unmetered air in.

I used that data this fall to sort out this same code, fuel usage was within spec but upstream O2 sensor was reading rich/lean and caused the catalyst inefficient code. Upstream sensor ended up being the issue... also appeared to be original with 190k miles lol

Extensions will pull the sensor out of the exhaust flow "smoothing the curve" if A/R swings are the issue.

I have moved the O2 sensors behind the rear cats. The wires just reached when adjusted the mounting a little. I have manual trans if it makes difference.

Nowadays I am using URD UCON, so there is no more P0420 and P0430 codes showing up.

Hi! I have a 94 FJ80 with a check engine light [O2 sensor replacement] and wondering where ya'll have sourced the Denso (or other) O2 parts. Any insight would be great.

Hi! I have a 94 FJ80 with a check engine light [O2 sensor replacement] and wondering where ya'll have sourced the Denso (or other) O2 parts. Any insight would be great.
Amayama.com is my favorite. Partsouq.com is the second. In US you have much more options.

ive used the ngk sensors, they are also an oe supplier. youll get more help in the 80 section

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom