SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (4 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do it. I drug mine there and over to Moab and back home, over 3,000 miles. With a 400k+ FJ62. Towed great, and the extra space is wonderful. Wife and kids can bring about anything they want and the truck is less crowded. Beats the heck out of travelling with a full hitch carrier on the back, 2 big Hardigg surplus cases, a folding table, a rooftop cargo bag, etc. on the roof. (SAS#2). It was much worse from a side view. Poor thing was LOADED. 6,800#.
IIRC I was 8,200# including trailer last year. View attachment 3230995

RE: all the doggos, Cruiser really wants me to take the old 61 I think... one of these years! View attachment 3230998
Does anyone outside of CO and NM actually drive their 40 to Ouray?

Maybe we need to add the question whether you are driving or towing to what the original question of what solid axle(s) you are planning to bring to the party..

Inaccurate. I actively avoid most of my family lol. I drove 4k miles four times to hang out with you lot.
the family you choose...

Maybe we need to add the question whether you are driving or towing to what the original question of what solid axle(s) you are planning to bring to the party..

Umm Alex I’ll take “have you ever been to SAS” for a $1000

My brother and I drove from DFW to Ouray in ours last year. Roughly 1800 mile round trip. We always drive our solid axles up. Glad we did last year too, caught my last minute issues before I hit the trail.

EA63A655-C928-42DD-B0C3-C82416FD01EE.jpeg

13CE2DCB-0B66-431C-8BCF-657E230020BB.jpeg

I was told there is a massage therapist on hand when we get there. So I will drive my 40. :)

We should have room for ya. PM me for details
Thank you! So far I may have found a site from another Mud guy that can’t make it. I’ll let you all know soon a I know for sure. Cant wait to join the fun!
We may have an extra tent site, won’t know for a couple of months though if it will be needed.
We may have an extra tent site, won’t know for a couple of months though if it will be needed.

Define a lot??? @CenTXFJ60 😂

Ha…that was crazy Drennan. Just to clarify…that’s a cold start at 12,200’ elevation. And if I recall, it was around 32 degrees that morning. I’d do it all again in 2 seconds. Kite lake was probably the best destination camping experience I’ve ever had. Drennan, upload that video Mike took of us climbing at the top of the trail to the lake. I can’t find it on my phone :(. Scratch that. I found it

Last edited:
We are hoping to bring two 40's this year from Michigan. Lots of hurdles with this. Both need major baselining and maintenance and then there is the problem of getting there. Driving would be amazing but we just don't have the time for a slow roll out there. Possible solution is sell the Tundra and get a diesel truck and gooseneck trailer. More money, ugh. We shall see.

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_7359.jpg

@dogfishlake olive 40s make me a little hot under the collar. Can you maybe provide a warning on your post??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom