2022 70 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

don't we all

....on another note theres some talk about the 70s being offered with the 2.8lt turbocharged 4 cylinder from the Hilux and its automatic transmission

Most Americans, with the exception of a few enthusiast, want a truck with a 15” info-tainment screen, climate controlled seats and steering wheel along with 10 cup holders, none of which are available on a 70 Series. 😊

Cool video. I'll take the green pickup, please.

don't we all

....on another note theres some talk about the 70s being offered with the 2.8lt turbocharged 4 cylinder from the Hilux and its automatic transmission

Hello,

Toyota still have to solve the DPF problem with that engine. It has the nasty habit of igniting continuously, thus melting its surroundings while burning the particles, or not igniting at all, which affects emissions.

On the other hand, the 1VD engine's DPF functions as it was designed to.

I wonder if Toyota will use the diesel V6 from the 300 Series in the 70 Series.

Juan

Hello,

Toyota still have to solve the DPF problem with that engine. It has the nasty habit of igniting continuously, thus melting its surroundings while burning the particles, or not igniting at all, which affects emissions.

On the other hand, the 1VD engine's DPF functions as it was designed to.

I wonder if Toyota will use the diesel V6 from the 300 Series in the 70 Series.

Juan
Juan.
I can’t say I’m excited about that engine or the auto gear box. We’l see what happens

I’m surprised to see that people in government were able to agree on spending top dollar on equipment.

edit: nvm it’s not the governmen. makes sense now

Last edited:
Pass on the cupholders. I'd settle for power windows (bad shoulders).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom