LC300: Three-four year wait. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw my first one close up in a Toyota plant parking lot. Not really impressed with it at all for the price. If a couple of new Sequoias were next to it, it wouldn't really stand out except for the ugly grill.

LX6003.jpg

LX6001.jpg

Yeah- no vehicle at that price looks like it’s worth that price- except maybe some exotic sports car

It’s ironic that some of the most beautiful SUVs - Land Rover products- are simultaneously the worst.
This. I've driven almost all their products, and they look just perfect...but the fit and finish and reliability have consistently been the worst among luxury suvs. Puzzling, how they achieve the publicity and status symbol position is beyond me.

The three to four year wait times are not really bothering me. (sorry to say)

After seeing this vehicle in person on the road (I have not driven one yet, but really don't have any desire as of now.) I am not moved to writing a check.

I wish it was on my wish list, but I cannot get past the mega-grill and the minivan rear end.

I'll keep running the old 200 series until the 400 series comes out... it will probably look like a Rav-4 Prime with a BIG GRILLE and a Sienna rear end.

This. I've driven almost all their products, and they look just perfect...but the fit and finish and reliability have consistently been the worst among luxury suvs. Puzzling, how they achieve the publicity and status symbol position is beyond me.
I looked into a Defender before buying my 4R and thought the fit, finish, and driving experience were all premium. But universally everyone I talked to and everything I read, heard, and watched pointed to Land Rover products being notorious for bugaboo's in the electrical system, drive line, suspension, etc so I passed. One of my neighbors has one and it just decided not to go into gear one day while trying to pull into his garage. I watched it leave on a flat bed and smiled inside.

Saw my first one close up in a Toyota plant parking lot. Not really impressed with it at all for the price. If a couple of new Sequoias were next to it, it wouldn't really stand out except for the ugly grill.
The big tree is a much better looking and functioning vehicle IMO. I just wish Toyota would not have screwed the pooch with that 3rd row setup. A Sequoia TRD off road or pro with a 3rd row delete and flat load floor would sit very high on my list right now.

I looked into a Defender before buying my 4R and thought the fit, finish, and driving experience were all premium. But universally everyone I talked to and everything I read, heard, and watched pointed to Land Rover products being notorious for bugaboo's in the electrical system, drive line, suspension, etc so I passed. One of my neighbors has one and it just decided not to go into gear one day while trying to pull into his garage. I watched it leave on a flat bed and smiled inside.
True story: A couple of years ago I had a conversation with a UK-based friend of mine who works for a large chain of car dealerships. One of the brands they carry is Land Rover. I suggested that I might get one some day. His response: "We have a saying at our Land Rover dealerships: if you want a Land Rover or Range Rover you need to buy two. Because one of them will always be in the shop."

He also proceeded to suggest that Land Rover owners are incredibly loyal. They love the brand, its pedigree and image, and of course the exterior design and interior luxury of their cars.... So, they simply put up with the gremlins. Maybe over time they'll get better.

True story: A couple of years ago I had a conversation with a UK-based friend of mine who works for a large chain of car dealerships. One of the brands they carry is Land Rover. I suggested that I might get one some day. His response: "We have a saying at our Land Rover dealerships: if you want a Land Rover or Range Rover you need to buy two. Because one of them will always be in the shop."

He also proceeded to suggest that Land Rover owners are incredibly loyal. They love the brand, its pedigree and image, and of course the exterior design and interior luxury of their cars.... So, they simply put up with the gremlins. Maybe over time they'll get better.
That’s funny. I like to ask the salesperson what they drive and the guy helping me at LR had a Tundra at the time. Also he advised me to lease, not purchase.

Similiar to cars like BMW. Bought a M850xi recently. N63 engine. Didn’t make it to it’s first oil change before requiring a replacement coil and 2 injectors. Found out that the starter battery is on a strict replacement schedule - basically every 2 oil changes. Oh, and the engine, due to its ‘hot vee’ design, uses so much oil that the service manager gave me a couple of quarts to carry ‘just in case’. My guess is I won’t keep one foot past the warranty period.

I am not sure about the rest of the US but these vehicles are still very hard to find in CO. I put my deposit down almost a year ago and mine came in this past week. I would prefer a 300 series Land Cruiser if that were an option but it’s not as of today. The 200 series is heavier and feel like it is built better. I bought the f sport and hate the bling and the 22 inch wheels but at the end of the day my wife loves the car as a DD. The tech, mpg, and rear seats are significantly better than the 200 series. Still up for debate is the v6 TT vs the NA V8 and the reliability. I am going to make it an overland vehicle as soon as parts are available. If the 300 series LC becomes available on the US, I will be first in line…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom