If i found a good rear liftgate in VA, what's the best way to get it shipped to texas from here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
If I found a good rear liftgate in VA, what's the best way to get it shipped to Texas from here?

The seller says I have to arrange to ship from my end, and I have no idea how to go about that.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Eric-

He’s going to have to pack it somehow whether he wants to or not. If he doesn’t want to- then he ain’t shipping it to anyone.

Unfortunately from what I heard, Greyhound stopped doing shipments recently. They were the best option. I had a upper hatch shipped from FL to NH a few years back.

Ask the seller to tape some thick cardboard over both sides of the window then wrap it in a thick shipping blanket and a roll of duct tape. If your ballsy enough, UPS would take that if wrapped cleanly.

Mudship it. There will be people rolling through Texas on the way to Ouray, CO the first week of August if you're not in a hurry. Might have to get creative relaying it through a few folks.

Greyhound quit their shipping operation, we used them a lot over the years.

If I found a good rear liftgate in VA, what's the best way to get it shipped to Texas from here?

The seller says I have to arrange to ship from my end, and I have no idea how to go about that.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Eric-
Fastenal's Blue Lane Freight.

The lift gate will need to be wrapped properly and then put on a pallet. Shipping is excellent and very affordable. If the seller will do that for you.

you can't find a good lift gate in Texas?

you can't find a good lift gate in Texas?
That's a great question. When I was "restoring" my 62, I believe that I got both upper and lower liftgates in TX and had them shipped to KY.

I was going to mention that it’s likely there’s one for sale much more locally to the OP than the one in question. But his question was more specifically about the shipping, so I stuck to that topic. Haha.
guarantee there’s one right down the road for sale

Mudship it. There will be people rolling through Texas on the way to Ouray, CO the first week of August if you're not in a hurry. Might have to get creative relaying it through a few folks.

Greyhound quit their shipping operation, we used them a lot over the years.
Mudship. Maybe someone from the VA area is coming to Roundup in March and if you can’t make it, one of the local cruiserheads can bring it to you…

I've been trying to find one in the 82 beige colors both locally and on mud and had no luck,
I'd much rather have gotten on mud, this is some guy in VA who I don't know. So I"m doing it
all through paypal with no friends and family so I have recourse if he screws me.

Thanks,

Eric-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom