SOLD Denver, 1986 HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1986-toyota-landcrusier-hj61/7523499969.html
A good friend of mine is selling his HJ61. I found this for him a few years ago on craigslist. It was located in Costa Rica and he was living there at the time. He was able to buy it and import it to the US. It's in fine shape, I have driven it and it drove great. Someone in the club should buy this, Wish I could. Tell him arthog sent you.

1986 Toyota Landcrusier HJ61 - $29,000 (Denver)​

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
1986 Toyota LandCruiser HJ61
condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 200000
odometer broken
title status: clean
transmission: manual
This baby is vaxed, waxed, and ready to party!

1986 Toyota Landcrusier HJ61
6 Cylinder, 4.0L Turbo Diesel - Legendary 12HT Motor!
Left Hand Drive
5 speed manual transmission (H55F)
Power Windows / Locks
Air Conditioning / Heat
PTO Winch
Dual Battery, 24 Volt System (from factory)
300,000km (200,000mi)
CO Assigned VIN (in photo)
Factory VINs match on the motor / frame
Vehicle titled / registered in Denver County - emissions completed 10/2021

Generally speaking, the truck is in decent shape considering it’s age. That’s not to say it’s without it’s quirks:

- Front two windows stopped working last summer (could be a relay, but I’m terrible with electrical diagnostics).
- Minor body damage on rear driver quarter panel. One rust spot below rearmost driver side window (a bit bigger than a quarter - hasn’t spread in 4 years).
- Radio memory doesn’t save. I think it’s due to how it was wired. The batteries themselves are about a year old and hold a charge, but I think the stereo could have some sort of parasitic draw as batteries are depleted after a few weeks without driving. As a daily driver, batteries / alternator function fine.
- Grid heater (the pre warmer) was disabled. So truck doesn’t like to start much below freezing temperatures. I have a block heater for it, but it isn’t installed yet.
- Dash is cracked. I have a cap for it (shown in photos).
- Odometer stopped working about 200 miles ago. Pretty sure the cable came disconnected.

- Extra pile of goodies includes cover for PTO winch, block heater, Vanner Power Management System, spare belts, new window gasket for rear passenger, and more!

Since I’ve owned it, the cooling system was totally reworked with new (mostly OEM) components. Radiator is original. Also, the injectors were all pulled, cleaned, and reset to factory about a year ago. New master / slave cylinders for the clutch and bleed. Brakes were just bled, and oil just changed. New front passenger brake caliper installed.

I pulled all the carpet out, gave the floor a good scrub, installed dynamat, new carpet padding, and laid the original carpet back down. It’s much more quiet and comfortable now.

The vehicle has surprisingly little rust, particularly for being from Costa Rica. The paint is original, and shows some aging / imperfections. There was absolutely zero rust when I pulled the flooring out (I’ve got photos documenting process).

This is a super fun truck, but it’s time to send it along as my head is in other projects.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any other questions!

Last edited:
This is a cool truck and a good color. The paint is not original as it’s been resprayed (rubber grommets/wire harness’s we’re not originally painted). Curious if the seats were redone in CR or domestically. Good luck with the sale as a LHD 61 does not come up every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom