LC300: Three-four year wait. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The LX600 was never meant to be sold in large numbers in the US. It was the same situation with the LC200.

but the LX sold more than the LC annually correct ?

That is true. My point was more about the top dog, flagship vehicles of both the Lexus and Toyota line up was never meant to be sold in large numbers. Also, RX is made in Canada if I am not mistaken so obviously there will be more of those here in North America.

I am not exactly what all the reasons may be but anything made in Japan is going to be limited as an import to the US. Toyota and Lexus would prefer that we buy what was made here in North America or their investments here are moot.

That is true. My point was more about the top dog, flagship vehicles of both the Lexus and Toyota line up was never meant to be sold in large numbers. Also, RX is made in Canada if I am not mistaken so obviously there will be more of those here in North America.

I am not exactly what all the reasons may be but anything made in Japan is going to be limited as an import to the US. Toyota and Lexus would prefer that we buy what was made here in North America or their investments here are moot.

I would definitely call a 100% reduction in inventory and sales “more limited”.

Many reviewers have commented on the screen set up being a prime example. Also, no head up display. pano roof or massage seats (or even the option to add) perhaps.
Yep and having read through the Bimmerforum, a few commented on test driving the new LX600 and being very disappointed. They ended up buying an X7 for less money and way more high end features, more room, more power, longer fuel range, plus the merino leather is nicer and i know personally it’s also quieter. For another $5500 you can extend the warranty out 96mo. I‘m guessing most luxury buyers don’t end up keeping any luxo wagon that long anyways. This is of course anecdotal but when you’re spending over $100k on a luxury suv, you expect more than just reliability to be the biggest selling feature and we don’t know yet how reliable the new 600 is. After sitting in the 2nd row of the LX, I was very disappointed with leg space.

I‘m just really bummed out the new LX wasn’t a better luxomobile. The new Sequoia makes for a better case over the 600.

Last edited:
Well, I caved today and put my name on waiting list for an LX base, premium, or Sport. She said it could be a year wait and asked what my color preferences were. I told her if it was base, premium, or Sport, I'd take whatever they had. Hopefully it will be sooner than a year.

Well, I caved today and put my name on waiting list for an LX base, premium, or Sport. She said it could be a year wait and asked what my color preferences were. I told her if it was base, premium, or Sport, I'd take whatever they had. Hopefully it will be sooner than a year.
Hope one comes in soon for you :) you'll love it.

Not exactly what you wanted but you could have it in your driveway next week…

Yep and having read through the Bimmerforum, a few commented on test driving the new LX600 and being very disappointed. They ended up buying an X7 for less money and way more high end features, more room, more power, longer fuel range, plus the merino leather is nicer and i know personally it’s also quieter. For another $5500 you can extend the warranty out 96mo. I‘m guessing most luxury buyers don’t end up keeping any luxo wagon that long anyways. This is of course anecdotal but when you’re spending over $100k on a luxury suv, you expect more than just reliability to be the biggest selling feature and we don’t know yet how reliable the new 600 is. After sitting in the 2nd row of the LX, I was very disappointed with leg space.

I‘m just really bummed out the new LX wasn’t a better luxomobile. The new Sequoia makes for a better case over the 600.
My wife loves to drive BMWs. Every single one of them we have ever owned from new has had a potential catastrophic failure at some point while under warranty. The latest was a failed heater control module (which almost every 2020+ BMW gas powered engine has either had or will have) which causes all coolant to drain out. In many cars this destroyed the engine through severe over heating. Most likely not noticed until too late due to BMWs bizarre warning message system. I noticed the issue before any damage was done but this is such a common problem that the dealer, far from our home, took a week to get the part. And 3 days to install it because of course they were booked up. And this major BMW dealer had zero loaner cars. All on a 2022 X3M 4.0i with less than 22k miles.

Good friend with a 2021 M2 had the same issue, plus some weird valve issue. So BMW fans can say how nice the X7 is but if you cant trust it why own it? Or am I valuing something different?

I don’t trust BMWs for long driving trips. I would rather take my 452k mile Land Cruiser 100 or my sons 16 year old Lexus hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom