What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You mean your's actually goes down on it's own? :D

I spray the hinges on mine at least twice a year with lithium grease and at best it has only taken less effort to open it. Never just dropped down like it should.
Mix in some PB Blaster instead of the Lithium grease.

The PB will get in there to loosen it up. Then after it moves well, you can spray the lithium in there to keep it moving.

my catch arms were bent and rubbing on themselves causing the tailgate to need to be forced down. Just some yanking and a few whacks to the side with a hammer and they worked better for a while, but I never got them completely straight.

My land cruiser is a stated value policy. No bickering.

I always hear the deer argument. I live in a pretty animal heavy area. I drive a night a lot. I've hit 1 deer in 26 years of driving and it hit the side of my truck. So the odds of a deer strike vs me having to look at that s*** heel bumper aren't close enough in value for me to own one.
I’m not a ARB fan either, but you talk like the 80 is a disposable “appliance” car that can be pieced back together with body panels bought on Amazon. I don’t blame people for wanting to avoid having to track down parts and try to paint match 30yo paint. It would suck to have to do a full respray because your fender and hood got damaged.

That said, bow to the best 80 bumper ever made :flipoff2:

1674578224589.jpeg

I’m not a ARB fan either, but you talk like the 80 is a disposable “appliance” car that can be pieced back together with body panels bought on Amazon. I don’t blame people for wanting to avoid having to track down parts and try to paint match 30yo paint. It would suck to have to do a full respray because your fender and hood got damaged.

View attachment 3228299

Because I don't share everyone's feelings of the land cruiser.
To me it's just an appliance.

That said there are enough in wrecking yards and being parted out, not to mention OEM parts still available that repairs aren't that difficult. When I had a fender bender everything I needed except headlights I bought from the dealer.

I dislike how much that bumper leaves exposed below it.

One that you are very concerned about aesthetics on!

Is it impossible to want my appliances to look good?

I didn't buy the land cruiser to own forever or even 5 years. I bought it to take camping and go wheeling with until I can pickup a bronco raptor. It may stay around as my son likes it.

But I rarely keep cars. Aside from my lightning and my 68 mustang I've never owned anything longer than 4 years. I usually keep a vehicle 18-24 months and move on.

View attachment 3228299
Is that parked where I think it is?

X marks the spot. Taken November 2016.

20161105_104628.jpg

That's the spot the photo was taken from. It was a surreal experience.

I can't help but wonder how different America would be today if JFK didn't get shot....

It's a pretty safe bet that the world would be significantly different.

Well that took a morbid turn :eek:

That can happen on the internets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom