200 Series Wheel on 100 Series front hub. V. ModificationThread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have some bronze heritage wheels I had purchased. I had gotten confused on the modification needed to fit the front wheels because some mentioned just hitting their front dust cap in with a hammer and it working, but that’s not my issue. I see now that they are referring to the actual bolted on hub cap.

I see there are talks of modifying it, but I cannot find any actual threads on the actual modification. What are people doing? I will go spacer if I need to but would rather not if I can get around it.

7E79EF4C-DD1F-4103-BE33-6983197CE08F.jpeg

Spacers

1 inch will work if the backside of the wheel is not completely flat. 1.25" if you want to make very sure there's no interference.

These are 1 inch spacers - you can see the studs still poke a bit.
PXL_20221112_192107343.jpg

I assume the OEM wheels look like this on the backside so the studs poking work fine.
PXL_20221112_192113375.jpg

However if it's a hub-centric spacer, you'll still have the center-bore problem with BORA spacers like mine. I don't know if the spidertrax are the same design or not.

1 inch will work if the backside of the wheel is not completely flat. 1.25" if you want to make very sure there's no interference.

These are 1 inch spacers - you can see the studs still poke a bit.
View attachment 3229531

I assume the OEM wheels look like this on the backside so the studs poking work fine.
View attachment 3229532

However if it's a hub-centric spacer, you'll still have the center-bore problem with BORA spacers like mine. I don't know if the spidertrax are the same design or not.
What year is your LC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom