What do you think this one owner 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser is worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the patina and originality of that one is great - patina / barn find rigs are the hot thing now.
that does NOT look like any 11k mile rig ive ever seen though....the floorboards look toasted
that said....people who 'know' these vehicles understand what it takes to revive one after decades of mechanical neglect....i would say a fair deal for both parties would be @12k..depending on other factors like can you actually drive it for more than 100yards, the floorpan condition etc - you might get $15k from someone tired of looking at dogs.

the patina and originality of that one is great - patina / barn find rigs are the hot thing now.
that said....people who 'know' these vehicles understand what it takes to revive one after decades of mechanical neglect....i would say a fair deal for both parties would be @12k..depending on other factors like can you actually drive it for more than 100yards, etc - you might get $15k from someone tired of looking at dogs.
I runs and drives well. Once I got it running I drove it on back roads for about 10 miles and it runs really good. It has plenty of torque. It shifts well, the clutch is good, brakes are good, it rides well and it easily goes into low/ high gear and 4 wheel/2 wheel drive. I was surprised at how mechanically sound it is.

Lot of character in this truck, I would love to see more pictures.

What did they use to stuff the rear seats back in the day?
I am driving down tomorrow to take higher quality pictures and take pictures of the frame and all of the maintenance paperwork and a video of it running and driving. The potential buyer is Derek from the youtube channel Vice Grip Garage.

Last edited:
I am driving down tomorrow to take higher quality pictures and take pictures of the frame and all of the maintenance paperwork and a video of it running and driving. The potential buyer is Derek from the youtube channel Vice Grip Garage.
1.5 million subscribers. Wow

I bet the odometer is on its second trip around. I wonder what happened to the rear hatch for it to need swapping out.

You should try and find a correct color hatch for it. Then again, sounds like it’s pretty much already sold.

Yeah, he’s a popular guy. I like his approach and way he does his “show” but the way he talks gets extremely annoying. I can’t stand to watch just because of that.

You should try and find a correct color hatch for it. Then again, sounds like it’s pretty much already sold.
From what I’ve heard, it is borderline impossible to find a color matched body panel for a patina truck because every vehicle patinas differently because each vehicles conditions and situations are unique. The color would always be slightly off and noticeable. It would probably need serious paint work to match at all, and even then, with close inspection, it wouldn’t be perfect. Probably more effort than it’s worth.

I bet the odometer is on its second trip around. I wonder what happened to the rear hatch for it to need swapping out.

Yeah, he’s a popular guy. I like his approach and way he does his “show” but the way he talks gets extremely annoying. I can’t stand to watch just because of that.
Those are the original miles. My cousin has the paperwork showing that the last time it was registered in 1994 it had 10,xxx miles on it.

From what I’ve heard, it is borderline impossible to find a color matched body panel for a patina truck because every vehicle patinas differently because each vehicles conditions and situations are unique. The color would always be slightly off and noticeable. It would probably need serious paint work to match at all, and even then, with close inspection, it wouldn’t be perfect. Probably more effort than it’s worth.
Slightly off is a lot better than RED don’t ya think? After a good CLR scrub down to knock the powered oxidation off they would be really close.

Those are the original miles. My cousin has the paperwork showing that the last time it was registered in 1994 it had 10,xxx miles on it.
Not saying you’re wrong, but if it only got 400 something miles per year of “driving to town” by the old man it’s pretty beat. Must have sat in the yard since ‘94.

Not saying you’re wrong, but if it only got 400 something miles per year of “driving to town” by the old man it’s pretty beat. Must have sat in the yard since ‘94.
When he was younger he put more miles on it every year but he started getting sick in the late 80's and moved in with his daughter in 1994 and yes it did sit in the yard until about 2004 and then it was moved into the barn.

A lot of things were painted over … black bumper and bumperettes should be pewter colored

Rear hatch replaced

Carb wrong

The clutch master was replaced and line spliced to get the new one on with compression fitting

Brake master replaced as well

Oil lines look like they were replaced with braided lines

Upper radiator hose replaced

Radiator cap replaced

Front seats reupholstered at some point … early 80’s I’d say

It needs a lot of work … as stated on previous post well over 10k

It’s say it’s a 10-12k truck as is

Not nit picking … just pointing out what’s not original … it is still a NICE truck

Just not 100% original

A lot is maintenance stuff that would need to have been done when a truck is driven

All of which would have been replaced anyway by somebody doing a restoration on it

Question… does it still have the tool roll ? Jack …, jack handles … that type stuff in the tool box under the drivers seat?

An original good condition tool roll would bring 500-1000 depending on condition

Good luck with the sale … I can tell he did care for the truck and maintained it … I hope to see it have justice done to it

I’d even keep the front seats upholstered that way if they are in great shape as a nod to the original owner

Again good luck with the sale

that does NOT look like any 11k mile rig ive ever seen though....the floorboards look toasted
that said....people who 'know' these vehicles understand what it takes to revive one after decades of mechanical neglect....i would say a fair deal for both parties would be @12k..depending on other factors like can you actually drive it for more than 100yards, the floorpan condition etc - you might get $15k from someone tired of looking at dogs.

Guess everyone has different opinions. Rust and worn paint may be patina but I'll take original paint in good shape any day. Bought this 1970
FJ40 from the original owner back in 2011. Had listed on mud with very little interest. One possible buyer backed out after the market dipped.
The carrot 025 (1).JPG

IMG_0657.jpg

I agree the market had softened. When the Bronco and K5 Blazer rose in popularity at the auction when I seen priced start to down. Parts have not followed and compared to the nineties prices are ridiculous.

There are low miles cruisers still around. This one has 4,500 miles on it. Previous owner had it for eleven years and put 500 miles on it. I've had it over fifteen years and never driven it. Unlike POs I keep it stored in a insulated garage in a milder climate than the desert. Paint cleaned up nicely with an good wax.
0007.JPG

20220608_131257.jpg

Ask $18K...youtube is paying for it any way and we need to keep prices strong!

Not that I'm selling but I like to tell my wife how much its worth so I can keep spending $$ on it!

I will be interested in what this truck actually sells for. I am getting the feeling I am undervaluing mine. So be sure to let us know the sale price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom