What do you think this one owner 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser is worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It doesn't really matter what folks on here think its worth. Its worth what someone is will to pay and what scratches that persons itch. Besides, the purchase price will be a fraction of the money that will be spent on this.

You will get prices from 1500 to 10k or more out of this group. Everyone has a different value they place on there toys.

It doesn't really matter what folks on here think its worth. Its worth what someone is will to pay and what scratches that persons itch. Besides, the purchase price will be a fraction of the money that will be spent on this.

You will get prices from 1500 to 10k or more out of this group. Everyone has a different value they place on there toys.
I have a potential buyer and am just trying to get an idea. Haggerty says in fair condition they go for $14,700 on average. Just trying to get feedback. thanks

Good luck then cause your gonna get a big range of $$$. I am assuming your afraid your leaving money on the table, otherwise just give him a price and live with the decision. Book value is of no real use in a truck like this.

I have a potential buyer and am just trying to get an idea. Haggerty says in fair condition they go for $14,700 on average. Just trying to get feedback. thanks

a landcruiser fanatics forum isnt going to give you a realistic value of a landcruiser as stated above. but if you insist on getting peoples opinions, i would pay 5k for it.

It is complete and it runs and drives and high and low work as well as 4WD.
Thanks for your input!

pictures 20 new items by Bert Young - https://photos.app.goo.gl/vzRr29Bb1kiYmFQL6
As a seller, I would want somewhere between $10-12k. It looks like a fantastic candidate for a patina preservation. Obviously has rust at the rear sill/floor interface but that's not a big deal if the rest of the truck, frame, floors are relatively rust free. Un-cut, original paint, all original drivetrain trucks definitely have value. A lot of sellers think their rusty hacked up FJ40 looks the same as yours, but yours appears to be a true relatively un-molested survivor.

As a seller, I would want somewhere between $10-12k. It looks like a fantastic candidate for a patina preservation. Obviously has rust at the rear sill/floor interface but that's not a big deal if the rest of the truck, frame, floors are relatively rust free. Un-cut, original paint, all original drivetrain trucks definitely have value. A lot of sellers think their rusty hacked up FJ40 looks the same as yours, but yours appears to be a true relatively un-molested survivor.
It is un-molested. It is exactly as it came from the factory.

Two post in and we have a 7k spread.

That is untrue. It has an aftermarket carb.
I have the original weber. It just needs rebuilding. I was trying to get it running for my cousin and he ordered that carb. If you see anything else that's not factory let me know, thanks.

What the hell, I'll play.

I think $12-$15k is in the ballpark; I paid more than that for my '70 2 years ago, it's pretty similar with less rust and no dented/replaced rear hatch. I'd be pissed if you couldn't get $12k for it now. Although that bezel re-orientation is gonna be costly.

It is a beaut! GLWS!

The pics are kind of poor to show much detail. I’d say $5000-$10,000 depending on location, how you’d advertise, willingness to wait, etc. (I know says a buyer lined up). I think the market is softening but not for everything.

By 1 owner, you mean you bought it brand new? A lot of people say 1 owner when it really isn’t. I also am not a person that really cares about 1 owner or not. Could have been the worst possible 1 owner or the best ever 4 owners.

The pics are kind of poor to show much detail. I’d say $5000-$10,000 depending on location, how you’d advertise, willingness to wait, etc. (I know says a buyer lined up).

By 1 owner, you mean you bought it brand new? A lot of people say 1 owner when it really isn’t. I also am not a person that really cares about 1 owner or not. Could have been the worst possible 1 owner or the best ever 4 owners.
It was purchased brand new by my 83 year old cousin's father who was born in 1907. He was 63 years old when he bought it. He just drove it on his farm and to town, that is why the mileage is so low. My cousin inherited it and never drove it.

10-12k the new owner will still have to put 10-12 into it then it’s still a 20k rig.

GLWS

If it is mechanically strong, you could probably get 17k out of it from the right buyer if I’m completely honest. If it is in fair mechanical condition (running but needs work to run well) you could probably get 13-15k. Some people go crazy over patina like that. It also looks like there aren’t many big rust holes in the body, which is a plus.

It is all up to the buyer. I’ve seen rust buckets go for 30k and solid trucks go for 20k

Has this been a GA (southern) truck its whole life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom