Wanted 1975 - 1978 FJ40 Rear wiring harness, complete in usable condition ( or repairable) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rear wiring harness for current 1978 fj40 project.

Thanks

Last edited:
74 is different from a 78

and there are all sorts of variations in-between .........fyi

contact @Coolerman

he should have that sub harness section for your specific modle year and application you need

1674346718394.jpeg

Building a rear harness is vey easy to do. You can buy the correct color stripe wire from @Coolerman and all the connectors from @ToyotaMatt and @Coolerman. Here is one I built for my 1976 FJ40.

View attachment 3225943
Thanks for the information, I'll look into building the rear harness

you could always hire @Ackcruisers to hand craft one up too ....

he does excellent work i know for sure ....

depends who is taking on jobs like this currently i suppose ?

- lastly ,. @restoredFJ40 , and Paul

- i offer these now , TOYOTA only offers these 3rd Generation FJ40 tail lamps here in the USA

these are the harness side update connector plugs and terminals to plug and play the later availble lamps

i DO also have the matching lamps device side connectors too , if you have older 4pn square plug types your keeping

so there are options here

ABSOLUTLY update to a 5th ground wire no matter what path you choose ,

my harness side connectors plug into the orange gaskets lamps shown below

909802_2048x.jpg

81550-60192_04.jpg
81550-60192_05.jpg

The fifth wire ground is an essential modification for rear tail lights. Do you have the old harness from your 78? Is it a stock USA spec truck?

6C5AE3A5-F0F2-4DE2-87E9-920067063FDF.jpeg

Wow guys, thanks for all of the information! Yes my cruiser is US spec. 1978 FJ40. I do not have the original harness, hence the wanted ad. I Amy be in touch to build one or do my self with this information.
I have ( new) older plug tail lights, but have no problem using the newer style if need be.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom