2nd Row seat swap from another vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking to replace the 2nd row bench seat in my ‘98, previous owner had a dog and the leather is messed up bad.
Any chance anyone has swapped the bench seat from another model (Sequioa or 4Runner) and know if anything happens to fit the same?

Obviously a long shot, but it’s a bit more difficult to find an LC at junkyards than 4Runner or sequoia

Why not just replace the leather? Something like the Ridies/LSeat leather replacement cover comes to mind.

Adapter brackets for the front hinge mount is probably easy but the rear latch needing to be in the right spot to match with the floor anchor is likely an issue fitting other bench seats - unless you just go for a straight up bolted down bench with no flip forward features.

Why not just replace the leather? Something like the Ridies/LSeat leather replacement cover comes to mind.

Adapter brackets for the front hinge mount is probably easy but the rear latch needing to be in the right spot to match with the floor anchor is likely an issue fitting other bench seats - unless you just go for a straight up bolted down bench with no flip forward features.
I was quoted $1k from a local upholstery place to redo the seat leather, not an amount I want to pay right now I think it’s be cheaper to find a used pair of seats if possible. Also haven’t shopped around on anyone else to get the seats redone

I was quoted $1k from a local upholstery place to redo the seat leather, not an amount I want to pay right now I think it’s be cheaper to find a used pair of seats if possible. Also haven’t shopped around on anyone else to get the seats redone
Well, the seat covers for 2nd row are around $350 from LSeat. Dunno what a shop would charge to install, perhaps another $300 is my guess. Seems comparable to what I'd imagine used seats would run, but with brand new leather.

I would poke around the classifieds and the local clubhouse sections. People remove these all the time for sleeping platforms/utility drawer spaces, might get lucky and find someone pitching it or dirt cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom