Backway to Crown King (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow :eek:

Haven't been on the back road to Crown King for a lot of years - mainly because it was one of the easiest trails in Arizona and kinda boring.

Might have to take it again now that it has gotten interesting 😜

keep us posted when you go, might join :steer:

I don't remember it being all that difficult in the year before the pandemic :meh:

Would like to do this!

Wow :eek:

Haven't been on the back road to Crown King for a lot of years - mainly because it was one of the easiest trails in Arizona and kinda boring.

Might have to take it again now that it has gotten interesting 😜
I did it about 2 years ago and it has some seriously sketchy sections that are challenging and fun. Looking forward to seeing a new trail report

I did it a few weeks ago, it’s worse than it has been for a long time but not hard. Took about 45 mins longer than normal. The worst rock ledge has a bypass now. About 2 years ago I had to pull a 4runner on 33’s with a rear locker up it.

I did it a few weeks ago, it’s worse than it has been for a long time but not hard. Took about 45 mins longer than normal. The worst rock ledge has a bypass now. About 2 years ago I had to pull a 4runner on 33’s with a rear locker up it.
Are you saying that the waterfall has a bypass or is the hardest section a different area? I think I did it two years ago and the waterfall seemed like the worst area… at least my front and rear bumpers thought so!

Are you saying that the waterfall has a bypass or is the hardest section a different area? I think I did it two years ago and the waterfall seemed like the worst area… at least my front and rear bumpers thought so!
I wouldn’t call it a waterfall, but it’s probably the same spot. About a mile before oro belle. The bypass stays to the left in the creek bed. Here is a picture of it from a few years ago and after a big flood. That was as far as this 4runner could get up it.

1B75CF7C-11AC-4122-9834-88E6CAB68208.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom