tundra 10,5 axle on a land cruiser 80 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Im using OEM axle housing.. i bougth spindle and hub from ruffstuff for 14bolts 6 lug , cutting 3/4 inch wider each side from stock 80

20221115_150802.jpg

Any updates on this? This is getting really interesting!

Need work a lot on the latle, the inside diameter of the OEM housing tube, is Way to big for the ruff stuff spindler, so need to re-size the spindle, the hubs need to re-drill the lug to acomodate 12mm lug

Well ita done ... now.. need to measure axleshaft to make it....

View attachment 3221205

View attachment 3221207

View attachment 3221209
Rad. Any more details on how you installed the spindles into the factory housing?

Did you use any kind of alignment bar/pucks in the spindles and diff/housing to keep everything aligned when you welded it out?

The biggest downside the factory tundra axle is the width in my opinion. I have two, but still undecided how i am going to utilize them. By the time i build them out like @deadlew , im going to have way over $5k into factory housing mutant tundra axles. At that point, I’m just wasting money to keep a Toyota center section.

Not wasting money, the cost for parts has gone way up, a hybrid build is reasonable IMO and the specs on the 10.5 chunk are impressive so is the cost for lockers, axles, & brakes.

I have a new in the box ARB 10.5 locker… probably won’t use it at this point. If someone is interested, drop me a PM.
Sent you a PM earlier.

The Ruff Stuff Toyota 10.5" is ready to go in. Raised the axle coil spring mounts to eliminate the coil spring spacer on top of the springs. Used Ruff Stuff link and shock mounts to help speed up the process a little bit. Just waiting on the axles shafts to show up from Moser Engineering.

#ruffstuffspecialties
#moserengineering
#Fj40
#land_cruiser
#toyota

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom