Aqualu tub + MetalTech roll cage (frame tie kits) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jarhead0802

SILVER Star
Threads
Foregone conclusion that my 40's tub is beyond routine panel replacement. Based on my parameters (HOA rules limit significant grinding and welding action), the Aqualu tub is my best option.

For those who have installed the Aqualu tub and a MetalTech roll cage - did you order the front/rear frame tie kits?

If so, any lessons learned on installing these?

A lot of roll cages are simply bolted to the body. If you are wanting a more substantial cage then the frame tie kit is required. The body is sandwiched between the roll cage mount and the frame tie mounts.

Foregone conclusion that my 40's tub is beyond routine panel replacement. Based on my parameters (HOA rules limit significant grinding and welding action), the Aqualu tub is my best option.

For those who have installed the Aqualu tub and a MetalTech roll cage - did you order the front/rear frame tie kits?

If so, any lessons learned on installing these?
I have the family style MT cage and a 3/4 Aqualu tub. I keep telling myself I’m going to tie it to the frame. I’ll get to that someday…
One thing to note is the family cage requires you to remove the extra bracing in the rear corners of the Aqualu tub. The rear uprights want to occupy the same space. I fretted about this, but ultimately I don’t think it was a big deal. I even got the blessing from Aqualu, I sure they had a chuckle over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom