New owners of a 1985 Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey hey mrs. ToyotaMatt turns a wrench when she has to , pumps brake and clutch pedals , and even hands

me tools when im under the trucks and she is excellent at handing me ice cold Rolling Rocks too , as required and

desired ...

female Land Cruiser owner operators have my respect hands down .. 😇

this is mrs. ToyotaMatt's selfie : :cool:

I'll get on that level.. eventually! Haha

Welcome to MUD @sydknee1996 , try to get a hold of factory manual if you guys decide to wrench and you learning to work on the beast. The factory manual is easy to follow use proper tools and get quality parts when you can since that thing just had a good long road trip it's not a bad idea to start baseline everything.

Welcome. looking forward to seeing the progress on your build. Wealth of information here. Let us know your questions were all here to help
and or heckle....but mostly help.
:flipoff2:(Official Welcome) :beer:✌️

hey hey mrs. ToyotaMatt turns a wrench when she has to , pumps brake and clutch pedals , and even hands

me tools when im under the trucks and she is excellent at handing me ice cold Rolling Rocks too , as required and

desired ...

female Land Cruiser owner operators have my respect hands down .. 😇

this is mrs. ToyotaMatt's selfie : :cool:

on the flip side of that matt, mrs kirvesmies n i have an agreement, i stay out of her kitchen, she stays outta my shop. :meh: i'm glad to hear it works for people, just not so much in my world

Welcome to MUD @sydknee1996 , try to get a hold of factory manual if you guys decide to wrench and you learning to work on the beast. The factory manual is easy to follow use proper tools and get quality parts when you can since that thing just had a good long road trip it's not a bad idea to start baseline everything.
I’ve seen a few manuals for sale, that’s a good idea. My husband has worked on his own cars, but I’m sure this will still throw him curveballs. I’ll definitely purchase one here soon 👍

Welcome. looking forward to seeing the progress on your build. Wealth of information here. Let us know your questions were all here to help
and or heckle....but mostly help.
:flipoff2:(Official Welcome) :beer:✌️
I’ll definitely be asking lots of questions 😬 Although I’m sure someone deep in the forums has already answered them haha. I’ve been told the Land Cruiser community is the best and everyone sincerely wants to help each other out, seems it’s true so far!

I’ve seen a few manuals for sale, that’s a good idea. My husband has worked on his own cars, but I’m sure this will still throw him curveballs. I’ll definitely purchase one here soon 👍
Buy one if your like but check here for digital versions:

Oh...pics. Lots of pics of the cruiser.

Welcome to a whole new world. Ask lots of questions, and remember most of the people here are
functionally illiterate so ALWAYS post pictures with questions. We all understand pictures. Even
dyslexic pictures. Up on the header you will see RESOURCES this is a section with all the manuals you
could need free to download. Hope this helps. I’ve been to Kentucky, pretty nice there. J

As stated above, plenty of different pdf copies available here (in resources section) and on the web. pdf's are nice 'cuz you can print out the sections you're working on, staple, and gets all kinds of greasy fingerprints on them and never care.

You'll want the 2F engine manual
Body and Chassis manual for FJ60s (there are a couple different ones and some cover the FJ62 US-spec)
81-87 Emissions FSM

And you should REALLY REALLY consider a paid subscription ($20/year or cheaper for longer) like Silver Star etc. Allows unlimited picture posting and a bunch of other benefits. Pictures will be worth the cost for aiding in diagnosis. Plus, you won't get any of those annoying pop up ads. At the top menu bar, subscriptions are under 'Store'. Also, without MUD, there'd be a lot fewer early Cruisers on the road, I bet. This site is very worthy of the support. I know in the early days for me, it would have been a lot harder process without IH8MUD hive knowledge.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Buy one if your like but check here for digital versions:

Oh...pics. Lots of pics of the cruiser.
I will photograph this truck like the unicorn it is. I’m excited to document the transformation. We want this thing looking and running like it’s 1985… if not better 😂 Thansks for the link!

Welcome to a whole new world. Ask lots of questions, and remember most of the people here are
functionally illiterate so ALWAYS post pictures with questions. We all understand pictures. Even
dyslexic pictures. Up on the header you will see RESOURCES this is a section with all the manuals you
could need free to download. Hope this helps. I’ve been to Kentucky, pretty nice there. J
Thank you! Digital manuals make more sense. And I plan on including pictures because I don’t think I could explain a problem with the inner workings of this truck right now lol. And you’re right, harder to show dyslexia through a photo 😂 Awesome you got to visit KY! Born and raised here, and I love it. Can’t have too bad of an experience with so much bourbon around you 🤷🏻‍♀️

As stated above, plenty of different pdf copies available here (in resources section) and on the web. pdf's are nice 'cuz you can print out the sections you're working on, staple, and gets all kinds of greasy fingerprints on them and never care.

You'll want the 2F engine manual
Body and Chassis manual for FJ60s (there are a couple different ones and some cover the FJ62 US-spec)
81-87 Emissions FSM

And you should REALLY REALLY consider a paid subscription ($20/year or cheaper for longer) like Silver Star etc. Allows unlimited picture posting and a bunch of other benefits. Pictures will be worth the cost for aiding in diagnosis. Plus, you won't get any of those annoying pop up ads. At the top menu bar, subscriptions are under 'Store'. Also, without MUD, there'd be a lot fewer early Cruisers on the road, I bet. This site is very worthy of the support. I know in the early days for me, it would have been a lot harder process without IH8MUD hive knowledge.

Good luck!
I’m gonna look into the subscriptions, sounds like it could be worth it. Plus we’re part of a few local land cruiser clubs now, so anything that would make the diagnosis guessing game easier is helpful. Printing specific manual pages also makes sense. Everyone has such awesome ideas, I really do appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom