New owners of a 1985 Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I'm new to the forum, not sure if I'm doing any of this right or if this post is even needed. Just wanted to introduce myself :)
My husband and I are located in Georgetown KY, and we just bought a 1859 Toyota FJ60. Saying are PUMPED to restore it is an understatement. It's his daily driver now, and the plan is to get everything as close to stock as possible. I've been using my slow times at work to do lots of research on the truck and browse through FB Market place and other sites for any parts we might need now / in the future. I'm not mechanically inclined by any means lol, but I am learning a lot and it's very exciting. We can't wait to make memories fixing it up and taking it on camping trips.
Quick story on the truck: My husband and his dad flew to Colorado Springs to buy it, and then drove it 1,500 miles to central Kentucky 🙃 It was checked by a mechanic in CO that my father in-law knew and was given the green light. It didn't bat an eye, not a single issue on the way home. Which is just.. insane, it's almost 40 years old. She's just solid.
But I'm happy a friend told me about this site! I'll be reading a lot of forums and asking silly questions, and hopefully learning from y'all! Thanks!

unnamed.jpg

You have definitely come to the right place! Let me state right here— that you don’t need to wonder if a question you might have is too dumb to post here. ‘Dumb’ questions are easier to answer!-Ha.
So ask away
I appreciate it! And that's a good point, I'll have plenty of easy to answer questions for you guys haha

welcome to this ship of fools @sydknee1996 , yup, it's a good place to be. dig deep enough n you should find the answers to any queries you might have.
thanks for posting the pic in your first post, most people need to be reminded. clean lookin' 60 n without a hitch cross country road trips are always a bonus.
what's up with this? no one's given you the official welcome yet, no problem, i'll be the d!ck n look after it :flipoff2: again, welcome

Welcome to the madness, prepare to be broke. :lol:

Also, I’ve never seen a 1859 FJ60. 🤔
Ok, to the OP, your first fix is to go back to your original post and find the edit button at the bottom and correct this to 1985!! ha.

Last edited:
Welcome to the both of you!
And congratulations on your purchase.
Lots of information here and lots of good people to help with your questions.

Welcome!

I have spent hundreds of hours reading specific things about the LCs…. If you ever wonder something search it up! And remember, don’t take things to seriously on here.

Btw, you are gonna want to become mechanically inclined.

welcome to this ship of fools @sydknee1996 , yup, it's a good place to be. dig deep enough n you should find the answers to any queries you might have.
thanks for posting the pic in your first post, most people need to be reminded. clean lookin' 60 n without a hitch cross country road trips are always a bonus.
what's up with this? no one's given you the official welcome yet, no problem, i'll be the d!ck n look after it :flipoff2: again, welcome
Thank you! Thankfully the only thing the truck did was guzzle gas on that trip lol. But they immediately made awesome memories with it and got home safe. We're gonna keep having fun with it!

Welcome!

I have spent hundreds of hours reading specific things about the LCs…. If you ever wonder something search it up! And remember, don’t take things to seriously on here.

Btw, you are gonna want to become mechanically inclined.
I'm sure I'll find myself doing the same, I love to learn. Helps that my husband already knows how to work on cars 😅 This one is just much older and it helps to see what others have learned on forums like this. It's all very exciting!

@sydknee1996 did, in her first post

hey hey mrs. ToyotaMatt turns a wrench when she has to , pumps brake and clutch pedals , and even hands

me tools when im under the trucks and she is excellent at handing me ice cold Rolling Rocks too , as required and

desired ...

female Land Cruiser owner operators have my respect hands down .. 😇

this is mrs. ToyotaMatt's selfie : :cool:

wendy-the-welder 1.jpg

7A688C9F-270B-4E44-B356-BC0D5DF3F234.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom