Builds 1972 FJ55 - Hamilton (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, 3/4 ton Piggy 🐷. PG 🤔 when that happen 🤣. Whats the story on COE in 1st pic?? Ford or Intermational??
Yes, his other hobby was restoring COEs. Don't recall what it was as that's the only picture I had

Nice find Steve. Love the direction and vision. Hope to see this one at SAS 7. What are your plans for an airbox? Running a factory unit?
I'll run just a regular cone filter at first. I'm going to stick a second battery under the hood, so will wait to figure that out before I build a custom airbox. Ultimately thinking I'll build something that uses a stock GM truck filter

Do you think the transporter was going to try to keep your Pig? I wonder if they were smitten by the Pig and thought maybe they could elude you?

The theme I am sensing is that a good network of friends is priceless. It can really get you through some challenges!
No, he was just a flake. Some blah blah bs about his truck breaking down. Idiot didn't realize that since I paid him with Venmo I could see all his transactions. He just was an a-hole.

Floatless sending unit sounds pretty cool! What make/model are you going with?
Here is the style I use linky. I've put them in several trucks. You need to run a DD converter or non-stock fuel gauge. I'm going to run a set of Speedhut gauges so I'll have no issue connecting it directly - temporarily I'll put an underdash fuel gauge I have laying around in.

Yes, the body sit's level. It has about a 1-1 1/2 inch body lift. The back is just a bit higher as there's no weight there in those photos

Ya, I had a trasporter call me and say come get your truck I'm downtown by Firestation! I said I payed you to to deliver to my house!!!! Plus it's not registered or insured! He says I'll drive it to you but you need to drive me back 😳🤔😉. I says O.K. Crazy 😯

Here is the style I use linky. I've put them in several trucks. You need to run a DD converter or non-stock fuel gauge. I'm going to run a set of Speedhut gauges so I'll have no issue connecting it directly - temporarily I'll put an underdash fuel gauge I have laying around in.

Yes, the body sit's level. It has about a 1-1 1/2 inch body lift. The back is just a bit higher as there's no weight there in those photos
So the back might sit a little lower once the tank is full, eh?

Excellent progress, Steve. Very nice.👍🎯👍

Plugging away. This takes time to allow for drying.

2 coats Lizard Skin sound control

thumbnail_IMG_9439.jpg

2 coats heat control

thumbnail_IMG_9456.jpg

Letting it cure a few days before bed liner on the floor. Thinking I'll just paint the underside of the roof Cygnus white as I have a bunch on hand.

Will these wheels tuck the tires better so you can get rid of those unfortunate 'flares'?
Not even close. The 1 ton axles are wide. Later on I may narrow them but for now they stay. The flares aren't my favorite, but will decide on keeping them or not after I get it rolling

About to do some spraying of lizard skin. How much did you order to get the necessary coverage?

I used 2 gallons of each to coat the floor and roof. 2 coats to their spec. If stacking both products you need to do the sound control first.

I highly recommend buying their shurtz gun. I tried a regular shurtz gun years ago and it didn't work at all. The stuff is extremely thick and sprays perfectly with their gun.

*Edited to change that it was 2 gallons each.

Last edited:
Been plugging away when I have a few minutes here and there. The bedliner took a while to cure due to the temperature, even though my shop is heated.

Final Atlas shifter configuration. No major mods needed to the transmission hump. As I mentioned earlier, I used a heep application. I did have to cut things down to give me some clearance between the shifter pivot and the transmission. Getting it as far forward as possible was needed to avoid sheet metal work.

IMG_9498.JPEG
IMG_9499.JPEG

Added some white paint to the shifter knobs
IMG_9502.JPEG

Pretty happy with the end result. I'll need to make a ring for the transmssion boot. It's an early 4Runner application that City Racer sells. Works perfect and great quality.

IMG_9509.JPEG

Also removed the non-stock wiring under the dash. Removed the HVAC controls since I won't be using them. Installed the CEL in an empty spot. Replaced the GM headlight switch with a stock correct 72 switch I had in my parts bin. Mounted the OBDII port. Then tested all the circuits. I have a few burnt out marker lights but everything worked there. I have a short internally on the wiper motor, so pulled it and will dive into that soon.

IMG_9510.JPEG

Lubricants have been added to the driveline in anticipation of startup. Only thing delaying that is the PS cooler and the fuel fill neck. Getting close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom