Long Travel AHC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@turbo8 So the above bracket (particularly if anodized red), relieves the need to extend the stock eyelet out as mentioned in @TeCKis300 first few posts? If so mark me down for a set.
Correct, everything is bolt on and can revert back if needed.

I can not confirm these will fit aftermarket shocks, like king, fox, arb, etc. These were meant for AHC shocks or stock Like LC shocks.

If you show me how your shocks mount on the bottom I will be able to determine if they will fit or not.

@TeCKis300 after running this for a bit do you think there is room up front for 20mm spacer instead of 17mm? Can the AHC fittings still be made to clear @20mm? I think @AnyMal was up around 25mm spacer?

I have the same guards from TT and am pretty hopeful that they'll work. Not clear yet how useful they'll be at actually protecting the shaft. Probably have to figure out how to move the guard up to the next hole as well.
Getting ahead of myself here, but does look like it should still fit. Maybe with no work or only small clearance adjustment. Also, probably be best to just add an extension to give coverage higher up.

Updated website, dont feel obligated to preorder as I don't want your money until they are ready to ship.

Updated website, dont feel obligated to preorder as I don't want your money until they are ready to ship.
How many are in the initial batch? Planning to make more?

Pre-ordered, getting my place in line before everyone comes out of the woodworks…

Another update.

These will be ready mid February add another week to that if you want them anodized.

Hopefully everyone is happy with the updated pricing.

Price:
$325 for no finish
$350 for anodize

Hopefully everyone can decide on a couple different anodize colors, like black, clear or red.
Put me down for a set. I don’t have an LX yet but I will have one soon. I’ve been following this thread closely trying to learn what’s needed for my wants and these relocation brackets will be perfect.

Ordered - hat tip to you sir.

Ordered :hillbilly:

I also have AHC shocks on order. I will cycle the suspension and determine how far the bumps need to be extended, if any. Wish I didn't throw mine out.

@TeCKis300 I would like to give you a set for pioneering this. Let me know if you're interested!

Definitely interested! If the thoughts swirling in my mind are any indication, this won't be the last time mess with things.

@TeCKis300 after running this for a bit do you think there is room up front for 20mm spacer instead of 17mm? Can the AHC fittings still be made to clear @20mm? I think @AnyMal was up around 25mm spacer?

Had to crunch some numbers and do some google fu this morning before answering.

Where I'm landing is I think 20mm is the sweet spot. 24mm may be possible, but I'm trying to keep an eye on balance and durability in regards to protecting the shock, bushings, sways, and CVs. Referencing the post below, 20mm will bring droop travel on par with LC long travel setups. Pushing it further, combined with alignments, will push it into territory that may compromise CVs.

24mm maybe easier from an install standpoint as that opens the ability to use some "1.5" Tundra leveling spacers. What I would do today is still use my approach with extended studs, but use 2x OEM LC spacers stacked for 20mm.

Been meaning to do this to get some objective numbers to compare ride height versus droop travel versus compression travel. What better to do on a rainy day.

Hope is that others may contribute and I'll update my table. We've known for awhile that some aftermarket suspensions increase what is already excellent droop travel. OEM spacer added to an otherwise stock LC or LX suspension increases travel at the front. Even though LC and LX differ in suspension fitted, the overall geometry and travel should be very similar or exactly the same.

All measurements are from wheel center to fender lip so they are comparable without tire variables
Front
Measured Ride Height
Front Measured Max CompressionFront Measured Max DroopFront Compression /Droop TravelFront Total TravelRear Measured Ride HeightRear Measured Max CompressionRear Measured Max DroopRear Compression /Droop TravelRear Total Travel
LX stockN-19"
H-21"
*16"24.5"N-3.5"/5.5" H-5.5"/3.5"*8.5" or ~9"N-20.75"
H-23.1"
-26.63"N-4.12"/5.88"
H-6.5"/3.5"
~10"
LX - .75F/.5R Sensor Lift, OEM Front Spacer @TeCKis300N-19.8"
H-21.8"
*16"25.375"N-4.4"/5.6"
H-6.4"/3.6"
*9.4" or ~10"N-21.25"
H-23.63"
*17.5"26.63"N-4.6"/5.4"
H-7"/3.0"
*9.1"
or ~10"
LX AHC Long Travel - 1.5F/1R Sensor Lift, LC OEM Spacer (10mm) + stacked 6.5mm spacer, 1" extended AHC shocksN-20.75"
H-22.75"
*16"25.75"N-5"/5.5"
H-7"/3.5"
10.5"N-22"
H-24.35"
*17.5"27.375"N-5.12"/5.88"
H-7.5"/3.4"
11"
LX, AHC delete, Tundra arms, Kings suspension @turbo823"14.5"26"8.5"/3"~11.5"23.5"27.5"5.5"/4"~10.5"
LC, Tundra arms, Stock shocks, OME 440lb spring @WesSiler-~11"~10"
LX AHC, 30mm shock spacer, Long Travel Camburg arms @1UZJ80N6029"12"
*Measured, Not Maxed Out​

Cross checking my measurements, it's reported that that the 200 chassis has 9" front and 10" wheel travel. About right given that I could mostly bottom things out but not hard bottom out. Particularly the rear as the chassis is just so slinky that my jack wasn't able to fully flex it out.

Looking at the numbers, the OEM setup has ride height dialed in with relatively little compressing travel. Compared to the stupendous droop travel. Stock ride height has 3" compression and 5.5" droop at the front. In general chassis tuning guides, it's recommended to always leave a good amount of droop travel. Doesn't seem like the 200 chassis is going to have that problem even lifted high.

Stuffed the fronts pretty good. Using AHC low to make the suspension as slinky as possible. Fingers gap clearances, but stuffing 35s she does.
View attachment 2489912
Was on the stops but not hard so and there's a bit more travel.
View attachment 2489913

Rear, wasn't able to fully peg it out with my floor jack.View attachment 2489905
Looks like another 1"++ travel here to the bump stop that I couldn't tap out
View attachment 2489906

The interesting measurements should come front aftermarket suspensions and Tundra swaps. @bloc @WesSiler @mcgaskins I'm going to keep a tape measure in the rig so next time I'm out and have opportunities to bottom things out to take a measurement.

Had to crunch some numbers and do some google fu this morning before answering.

Where I'm landing is I think 20mm is the sweet spot. 24mm may be possible, but I'm trying to keep an eye on balance and durability in regards to protecting the shock, bushings, sways, and CVs. Referencing the post below, 20mm will bring droop travel on par with LC long travel setups. Pushing it further, combined with alignments, will push it into territory that may compromise CVs.

24mm maybe easier from an install standpoint as that opens the ability to use some "1.5" Tundra leveling spacers. What I would do today is still use my approach with extended studs, but use 2x OEM LC spacers stacked for 20mm.
Yeah the 2x 10mm was what I was thinking. There’s a 20mm thick pre studded part in Oz I’ve asked after intl shipping on, but it’s already the weekend there and based on the site I’m not too hopeful they’ll ship intl. Otherwise the 10mm spacers are only $25 ea on partsouq.

Here’s some discussion on how 24mm is too far unless you do some other supporting mods in the sway bar etc

I assume this is a forum member . . . But not sure whom.

Here’s some discussion on how 24mm is too far unless you do some other supporting mods in the sway bar etc

I assume this is a forum member . . . But not sure whom.

Pretty sure that @TN LX570

Has anyone mounted lx600 shocks up yet? I’m Dying to see if they bolt on and integrate with no issues. Particularly the fronts…

Also wanted to add. I’ve done some measurements on my end. I have a modified rear shock mount, similar in location to @turbo8 new product. I’m fully tapped on a sensor lift in the rear as well and running Timbren off-road bumps spaced down .75 inches.

Hub center to fender in N was 21.75 in.

Hub center to fender at full droop 29.5.

Assuming there is another 4-5 inches of compression to the bump… almost 13+inches of travel in the rear. No rubbing at all even with large hits.

Front hub to fender 20.75 in N

Full droop Hub to fender 26.5 in N.

24mm spacer up front. No sway bar, some grinding/clearing upper shock mount for AHC mount and lower control arm shock bucket to avoid interference at full droop.

I’m pretty happy with this set up, don’t see the need to make any adjustments. I would like to add an aftermarket upper control arm and a 1in body lift. Control arms for a uniball and body lift for 37 tire clearance.

Has anyone mounted lx600 shocks up yet? I’m Dying to see if they bolt on and integrate with no issues. Particularly the fronts…

Also wanted to add. I’ve done some measurements on my end. I have a modified rear shock mount, similar in location to @turbo8 new product. I’m fully tapped on a sensor lift in the rear as well and running Timbren off-road bumps spaced down .75 inches.

Hub center to fender in N was 21.75 in.

Hub center to fender at full droop 29.5.

Assuming there is another 4-5 inches of compression to the bump… almost 13+inches of travel in the rear. No rubbing at all even with large hits.

Front hub to fender 20.75 in N

Full droop Hub to fender 26.5 in N.

24mm spacer up front. No sway bar, some grinding/clearing upper shock mount for AHC mount and lower control arm shock bucket to avoid interference at full droop.

I’m pretty happy with this set up, don’t see the need to make any adjustments. I would like to add an aftermarket upper control arm and a 1in body lift. Control arms for a uniball and body lift for 37 tire clearance.

Have you see Kai’s latest video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom