Builds Land Crusher Build Thread - V2 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got this sweet OEM hand throttle kit from @ToyotaMatt installed today!

Cool little piece of kit.
View attachment 3185278
View attachment 3185279
View attachment 3185280

far out tech photos :D

i have been hunting hard for a NON-USA Spec. any year 80 series factory owners manual pages that mention the use and applications of the non-usa said hand throttle ,

i have come up DRY ?

Even a JAPAN spec. one in KANJI with universal language diagram images would be a start ...... :D

all i have now is a old 40 series diagram or a 55 one maybe this is :confused:

9965CC14-5647-418B-B300-89DF092C2E1C.jpeg

Going to do the 7pin mod today... I realized i hadn't done it yet (did it on my 100 when I had it) and it's super useful when descending steep, long, and slow. Nice to not have the center diff lock automatically when you go into Low (give me all the control!). Think, long steep trail descents in the San Juan mountains.

For reference:

Make sure you have a CDL switch installed before you do this... or you won't be able to engage the CDL after you remove pin7

But tell us more about your Delta-sponsored 80 :hillbilly:

I'm really excited by your clean wiring. I have been cleaning up the PO's driving light "harness" and installing one branded by Hella, but I would prefer to be making my own. For those of us learning the ropes of harness building, do you have favorite sources for your harness components? What is that mesh loom called? Dealing with the online makes it hard to know what the quality products are and what their names are if you are learning as you go.

Noticed I didn't respond to this, sorry sir. Definitely a lot to learn with wiring and it's not all particularly easy to learn about... lot's of bad info out there. I spend a lot of time around aircraft wiring and test lab wiring, so I picked up a lot there... but I am still learning most of this as I go.

I tend to get most of my stuff on Amazon, but do quite a bit of research before ordering. A lot of it has been hit or miss. I am lucky to have SDHQ fairly close and I can run down and look at their wall of electrical supply stuff if I get stumped or need something funky. Recently I found some rap-around expandable sleeving that I am excited to try (easier to install and serviceable if you need to add a wire.

I have had good luck ordering from McMaster Carr, although the wiring stuff has been pretty expensive these days:

I like to use GPT wire for most of my stuff:

For connectors, I like to order Deutsch DT 2 pin pigtails... the tools to crimp the pins are about $300 and I don't need to use them enough to justify.
Amazon product ASIN B07FTFR1JN
For heat shrink, key is to get a lot of it and get different kinds.... Adhesive backed (I like to use this to terminate the expandable sleeve), non adhesive backed, extra long pieces... i swear you can't have enough of this...

Next thing to focus on is soldering... get a good station, they aren't that much money and it makes a HUGE difference. On my bench I love my Hakko 888d and for on-the-car soldering I like my butane (PortaSol 850)

Amazon product ASIN B00ANZRT4M
https://www.amazon.com/Weller-P2KC-...671049132&sprefix=portasol+850,aps,123&sr=8-1

Next is good solder, don't skimp here:

KESTER SOLDER 24-6040-0027 Wire Solder, 0.031"Dia​

Will want a decent solder station, just something to act as an extra set of hands while you solder... plenty of options there, pick your poison.

I can keep going if you have more questions on what tools I like or good videos for learning, but don't consider me a pro... I am just stupid enough (and have enough time) to try everything myself.

Noticed I didn't respond to this, sorry sir. Definitely a lot to learn with wiring and it's not all particularly easy to learn about... lot's of bad info out there. I spend a lot of time around aircraft wiring and test lab wiring, so I picked up a lot there... but I am still learning most of this as I go.

I tend to get most of my stuff on Amazon, but do quite a bit of research before ordering. A lot of it has been hit or miss. I am lucky to have SDHQ fairly close and I can run down and look at their wall of electrical supply stuff if I get stumped or need something funky. Recently I found some rap-around expandable sleeving that I am excited to try (easier to install and serviceable if you need to add a wire.

I have had good luck ordering from McMaster Carr, although the wiring stuff has been pretty expensive these days:

I like to use GPT wire for most of my stuff:

For connectors, I like to order Deutsch DT 2 pin pigtails... the tools to crimp the pins are about $300 and I don't need to use them enough to justify.
Amazon product ASIN B07FTFR1JN
For heat shrink, key is to get a lot of it and get different kinds.... Adhesive backed (I like to use this to terminate the expandable sleeve), non adhesive backed, extra long pieces... i swear you can't have enough of this...

Next thing to focus on is soldering... get a good station, they aren't that much money and it makes a HUGE difference. On my bench I love my Hakko 888d and for on-the-car soldering I like my butane (PortaSol 850)

Amazon product ASIN B00ANZRT4M
https://www.amazon.com/Weller-P2KC-Professional-Self-igniting-Soldering/dp/B000WOHSHM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DQOWAUVSZKGV&keywords=portasol+850&qid=1671049132&sprefix=portasol+850,aps,123&sr=8-1

Next is good solder, don't skimp here:

KESTER SOLDER 24-6040-0027 Wire Solder, 0.031"Dia​

Will want a decent solder station, just something to act as an extra set of hands while you solder... plenty of options there, pick your poison.

I can keep going if you have more questions on what tools I like or good videos for learning, but don't consider me a pro... I am just stupid enough (and have enough time) to try everything myself.
Thanks so much. Glad to learn from your experience!

Never heard of these! I like!
Easy peasy install too. Took about 20 minutes per side, at a pretty casual pace (aka, watching Trailer Park Boys and drinking beer :grinpimp: :hillbilly:)

I'm going to get my keys...thanks man!
And not in stock, but deliver to my door for the same price of $42! this should be better than falling off my short step stool.

And not in stock, but deliver to my door for the same price of $42! this should be better than falling off my short step stool.
Haha, I agree falling off the bumper/wheels/buckets gets old quick!

i picked up something similar from HF. smartest move i've made in a long time and use it all the time to work in the engine or roof. and to properly clean the roof on my wife's SUV. and i'm 6'1"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom