FJ40 Exhaust Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a recommendation for a a vendor or resource that sells a full exhaust system as a kit?

I found a couple threads on here that referenced a vendors kit but it had been discontinued when I looked it up (can’t remember the vendor offhand)

Any feedback appreciated!

I’m not aware of a single manufacturer of a full exhaust for a 40….it’s a great opportunity for someone. MAF sold one but I’m not sure of availability.

Toyota re-rereleased the part numbers for 79-84 2F….but not available yet.

Toyota re-rereleased the part numbers for 79-84 2F….but not available yet.

Does this included muffler for the FJ40? Also believe the first two pieces are not only not available thru Toyota here they are for non emissions with a CAT. If I'm wrong would be great

Non emissions only, I’ll update thread with muffler section - sitting at customs presently

You have 17430-61120 muffler/tailpipe section sitting in customs? Curious how much by the time you get it. Were you able to order the other two sections? Header pipe 17401-61090 would be nice if was available in the US. Canada was a non CAT market and it was used there. Routes exhaust above the frame up front. This pipe is on the Heritage list and would work as a sub for the 79/80 US version and not eliminate any emissions.

You have 17430-61120 muffler/tailpipe section sitting in customs? Curious how much by the time you get it. Were you able to order the other two sections? Header pipe 17401-61090 would be nice if was available in the US. Canada was a non CAT market and it was used there. Routes exhaust above the frame up front. This pipe is on the Heritage list and would work as a sub for the 79/80 US version and not eliminate any emissions.
Sorry - terribly written. I was standing in customs at the airport. I’ll update later tonight with actual facts.

OK - finally have a minute to run through this.

Currently only the following part numbers have been re-released for non-emissions 2F trucks.

17401-61090 - front pipe (downpipe)
  • Amayama does not show available yet.

17420-61070 - center pipe.
  • Amayama shows for $484 + shipping
The downpipe routes over the frame and under the driver floor then back under with the center pipe. FJ Company thankfully posts many pictures so I can see obscure ROW parts for reference.

image_583368c2d1efb_25.jpg

So clean. Does it look like that all the time?

Huh, who'd have thought you could use a 50 gallon barrel for a muffler?

Thanks for all the responses and pics!

In short it sounds like the answer is “No. Not at this time”

Exhaust shops just don’t seem to have the expertise and the GAF that they used to. This should be another fun trip to the muffler shop

Howdy.

There is only one place I trusted to do my exhaust for my 77 in central Texas. Place is in central Austin and they did a great job.
Let me see if I can find it

Huh, who'd have thought you could use a 50 gallon barrel for a muffler?

Think the PO of my 79 replacement muffler is even bigger if you can believe that. While bigger I have never mangled a muffler like the one on my 68.
IMG_20210524_134401200.jpg

OK - finally have a minute to run through this.

Currently only the following part numbers have been re-released for non-emissions 2F trucks.

17401-61090 - front pipe (downpipe)
  • Amayama does not show available yet.

17420-61070 - center pipe.
  • Amayama shows for $484 + shipping
The downpipe routes over the frame and under the driver floor then back under with the center pipe. FJ Company thankfully posts many pictures so I can see obscure ROW parts for reference.

image_583368c2d1efb_25.jpg

Will Amayama ship exhaust? Last summer I made an order thru Amayama and they cancelled anything that couldn't go thru the mail. Freight shipments were suspended at that time. I have an aftermarket header pipe still in Australia attached a an engine. Until I get it will not be sure it clears the LHD steering box. Not a concern on RHD and may not have followed the original exactly.
P1070178.JPG

The section after the CAT is still good on my 79. Years ago a local shop doing conversions on FJ40 gave me some take offs pieces. It included the exhaust the went across the back in the back.
IMG_20201105_131855946.jpg

That gives me a good start on that section. Now wishing would have bought another 1/79+ muffler when they were still available. If these parts are not made available in the US going to drive the price passed the point of just having a muffler shop doing. Getting the first section would happen a lot. Certainly do not want a copy of how the exhaust in run on my 79.
20220724_111950.jpg
original_4f1e2821-c3cd-4b0a-bf72-562478b510da_20220724_112858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom