Click sound under driver’s side floor board on hard right turn. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a new noise I’m trying to identify. When I’m driving and turn into a hard right turn I hear a loud click sound under my feet. A turn on a slight curve won’t produce it. I can actually feel it in my left foot when it occurs. I can’t reproduce it when the car is at rest and I turn the wheel to the right. A visual inspection doesn’t show anything like a bent tie rod or similar. Front axle was completely rebuilt less than 5000 miles ago by a shop that knows their stuff. I’ve been on some hard roads lately and I first noticed it after a particularly rough road. Doesn’t seem to be a major deal but I’d like to intervene early if I can. Thanks!

Have you put the front end on jack stands to see if you can turn the wheel by hand and reproduce it?

Does it make the noise only at full lock, or does it not need full lock?

Sway bar links would make more of a knock ime, but still worth checking

Is it a single pop/ click or a consistent rotational noise? LF gets loaded up when making right turns so id check all nuts and bolts on that corner.
Single click. Isn’t rotational but only seems to occur when in motion - can’t reproduce it when the rig is stopped and I turn the wheel.

Have you put the front end on jack stands to see if you can turn the wheel by hand and reproduce it?

Does it make the noise only at full lock, or does it not need full lock?
Doesn’t quite need full lock, will make it on a fairly sharp curve but not on a slight curve.

Maybe try a hard acceleration while turning the wheels like when leaving a parking lot to merge into traffic. Still only one click?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom