What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It engages on 3 different l different positions. I fought this also but read the FSM and it showed me the light.
IMO this is one FSM gets wrong. You need at least 2x the clearance listed in the FSM to mate it back up. Ask me how I know…..

There’s a good thread on here about the nuances of install. Hasn’t worked for me yet but my shoulders and back have gotten a great workout this weekend……so I got that going for me.

Swooped up another one! 94 with 300k pulled and swapped for a lower mileage motor. Also got the coveted 94 wiring harness i

014A168E-2048-4BDA-A647-FD162F413BCC.jpeg

BC85F538-93F1-44CB-ABF6-ADDE4B8B8EE9.jpeg

CEC2B9F3-D733-415E-A3E6-174C92EBF441.jpeg

7BF4942F-1FDC-453D-BD08-4A676F8BCB5C.jpeg

F5788B62-4171-476F-BC95-3C99C356DDDA.jpeg

Finished the fourth and final wheel. New wheel studs and hardware. Nice to know that all my wheel studs are new and have never been torqued past 76ftlbs.
Froze the studs over night. Set torque wrench at 76 and use @NLXTACY wits-end tool and they pull right through. No prob.
5C938E68-DEB0-43A4-A990-CB25697E1304.jpeg
E416E733-8C49-4246-9BF8-55BBA65CDADE.jpeg

I had a Cannondale Beast back in the day. I cracked the frame. They replaced it for me, but it wasn’t a Beast frame. I still have it, and my Klein Quantum from the same era. It has a horizontal linear fade (pink to purple to blue) paint job.
Klein did the best fades. The new progressive geo's are so much better than old MTB geometry. And the old straight gauge aluminum tubes were ass hatchets.

Nothing major...went Junkyarding this weekend.

Found the CDL switch from a Rav4 that I'll use in my '97 - this made me extremely happy.

Found a pristine interior 1997 Camry (the front was crunched) - the interior is "Oak" like my cruiser. I spoke with the yard and since I'm a big regular (and I've brought them a lot of business), they're going to place the entire car into the covered area so I can come back later this week and measure the seats to see if I can do a straight front seat swap; the Camry is oak cloth which would make me insanely happy if I can swap them, or even make them work.

I did, however, pull the DS / PS seat belts from the Camry, so I have exceptionally clean oak colored seatbelts to transfer into my rig.

ALSO, after stumbling across a Gentex Rear View Mirror thread, I pulled the Gentex rear view mirror, wiring, and sensor out of a 2003 Suburban- my RVmirror needs to be replaced as it's "wobbly" and I liked the mentioned write up, so, I grabbed one for $9.99 at the yard. It has auto-dim and has the temp/compass in the right hand corner. If I can find one out of a newer car with the back up camera area, I might grab that.

Sorry, no new pics...but here's an older one of my 1997 from about 5 years ago.

:cool: 👍 :wrench:

IMG_3995.jpg

Shot an email to legendex about my exhaust. For being 7 months old it sure looks like f***ing s***
What's wrong with it? I remember you posting you had issues, but maybe I missed what the issues were. Looked like a good system.

What's wrong with it? I remember you posting you had issues, but maybe I missed what the issues were. Looked like a good system.
Yah same ... he had pictures of the exhaust but i couldn't see what's wrong

Yah same ... he had pictures of the exhaust but i couldn't see what's wrong

I don't think I posted pictures.

This is 7 months old. 10k miles.
There's more rust on this exhaust than my whole rig.

The downpipe is supposed to be thermal powder coated and warrantied for 2 years. The rest of the exhaust is stainless and should hold up better than this.
20230109_083430.jpg
20230109_083439.jpg
20230109_083450.jpg
20230109_083547.jpg

Last edited:

The downpipe is supposed to be thermal powder coated and warrantied for 2 years. The rest of the exhaust is stainless and should hold up better than this.
Yah that looks way older than 7 months ....

What grade of SS do they advertise?

Most exhaust is made of 409SS. It will surface rust, particularly when exposed to heat like an exhaust system.

If you want a grade that will not corrode to that level, it needs to be 304SS or 316SS. However, every place there is a weld will corrode because they should be using 309SS wire for the weld unless the are doing TIG welds, then they can use like material, but the heat of fusion will still bring some of the carbon to the surface unless it has been chemically passivated after welding.

I would expect 409SS exhaust to look like that after 7 months, and especially if you have done any driving in areas where they have chemically treated the roads.

How many miles do you have on it (to get an idea of heat cycling)

The downpipe is supposed to be thermal powder coated and warrantied for 2 years. The rest of the exhaust is stainless and should hold up better than this. View attachment 3214601View attachment 3214602View attachment 3214603View attachment 3214604
Oh, man...I don't know anything about how fast SS should be able to rust on the surface but...that looks like it's been a while in the salt.

I'd be upset.

I hope they get it corrected for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom