Rust Level? 85 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4A025359-49E6-4B74-AF08-9620F405EDFB.jpeg
3D816CB8-952D-481C-B94D-D29F2E51D8A1.jpeg
47CF74C0-D978-48A7-A9F5-C8F24C2032DD.jpeg
Looking at an 85 FJ60 and need some input on the level of the rust. Thanks in advance!

So far it looks good. But, as white stripe said post some pics of the rear frame rails.
Overall not bad.

Not much rust. It’s a solid rig.

Only thing I noticed is that the snake blinders are missing and I don't see the holes, so might have filler, new paint, etc. Other parts painted too like door handles, etc. Check carefully for Filler. Those wheel well edges would be a lot more rock chipped than that front valance if paint wasn't newer.

Undercarriage looks pretty good, just not maintained very well. Shiney new wheels and tires.

Last edited:
There are no issues with rust on this truck. I don’t need to see the C-channels to know this. The wheel well pictured has not been worked on. The body seam is still visible (see arrow) and the original adhesive used on the front mudflap is still visible. A tar like material.
7315C1F9-F913-42AD-8C8A-AA01197D9DC1.jpeg

Last edited:
ha ha ha, you're worried about rust????? read some of the threads by members in the northern climes n ask yourself that question again. i'd say you've got a very clean specimen.
Not really worried. Just wanted some additional eyes. Thanks for the feedback

The military wrap on the springs looks cut? Did rust eat a leaf, and it got replaced?

military wrap is the second leaf, that one is the third leaf, most likely an add a leaf of some sort

from the pics shown
IMHO the "rust" issues are non existant on this rig

Only thing I noticed is that the snake blinders are missing and I don't see the holes, so might have filler, new paint, etc. Other parts painted too like door handles, etc. Check carefully for Filler. Those wheel well edges would be a lot more rock chipped than that front valance if paint wasn't newer.

Undercarriage looks pretty good, just not maintained very well. Shiney new wheels and tires.
I would say definitely repainted (aftermarket fender vents painted black, chrome trim from windshield missing, the other items mentioned by @MDH33 ) If you have concerns about the quality of the bodyman's work, use a paint thickness gauge like this one from Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B09DCS3CKD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom