Carb Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted in the wanted section, but just in case not everyone checks over there I thought I’d post here too.

I’m rebuilding the stock carb off my recently acquired 1974 fj55, to replace the 32/36 Weber it came with. Looks like moisture got the best of the carb and after several days of soaking in Chem-tool I had to unscrew the brass throttle blade and hammer the shaft out from mild rust. In the process one of the screw holes stripped and I bent the blade removing it. I’ve attached pics before of the carb I’m working on and parts I need. If not, I’ve got a 75’ and 78’ I can swap on, but I like the idea of the mechanical secondaries. Thanks!
29576907-9436-4E5C-88EC-BD83FE3E98F0.jpeg
52F605B3-27FC-474F-990F-37595032D689.jpeg
A9835F51-CDFF-4D86-BEFC-F9DB20D0616A.jpeg
F558BFFA-C3D5-4636-A7C0-ACC89D7C9A3F.jpeg

I've had that happen during a rebuild. I carefully hammered the butterfly (and shaft) straight, then tapped the screw holes one size up and got new brass screws from granger. Don't forget to stake them when you reassemble.

Just noticed in your pic of the assembled carb, the linkage connecting the choke breaker diaphragm to the high speed idle arm looks incorrect. You might need that piece too. I'll look in my carb parts box tomorrow, I think I have the right one.

Should look like this (this is a cable actuated carb, but linkage are the same)

i-qzkR2St-L.jpg

Last edited:
I've had that happen during a rebuild. I carefully hammered the butterfly (and shaft) straight, then tapped the screw holes one size up and got new brass screws from granger. Don't forget to stake them when you reassemble.

Just noticed in your pic of the assembled carb, the linkage connecting the choke breaker diaphragm to the high speed idle arm looks incorrect. You might need that piece too.
The butterfly must’ve had a slight bend in it stock because after I fattened it, it no longer fits the hole. That was my dumb fault for not paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom