Where to find full parts checklis for shipping project (engine rebuild) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
I’m shipping a project from LA to IDaho and trying to find a full inventory checklist for all the parts that would have been taken out of the cruiser for the engine rebuild.

I’m getting it back from a mechanic to complete the install of the rebuild engine myself and want to send this to him insisting he review it- as I know for a fact my parts were scattered across his shop last time I was there.

This project has been a year and a half sitting there waiting for machine shop to finish build and I don’t wanna fumble on the 1 yard line by forgetting parts.
I’m also going to insist he strap the completed head and block on a pallet as I’ve heard things can break if they don’t do that.

If anyone knows of a manual or checklist or at least where I might find one to send this guy so nothings forgotten let me know! Really wanting to spell it out for him and not have a terrible time with lost parts.

Thanks
Beehanger

Good luck. There used to ba a collection of parts diagrams available on MUD as a resource but I do t know where to find them.

Do you have pictures before the work started or know what was installed to begin with? AC, emissions equipment, etc?

Maybe have the mechanic take pictures how it is now. You will need anything that mounts to the engine (compressor, alternator, power steering pump, air pump) and all the brackets, plus the hard tube for the cooling water, the oil cooler. Did the mechanic remove the radiator and support?

And you should understand where it becomes a diminishing return? Are you going to send the mechanic a list of every nut bolt and washer he removed? You should become very familiar with the online parts diagrams such as this: Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/

Good luck. There used to ba a collection of parts diagrams available on MUD as a resource but I do t know where to find them.

Do you have pictures before the work started or know what was installed to begin with? AC, emissions equipment, etc?

Maybe have the mechanic take pictures how it is now. You will need anything that mounts to the engine (compressor, alternator, power steering pump, air pump) and all the brackets, plus the hard tube for the cooling water, the oil cooler. Did the mechanic remove the radiator and support?

And you should understand where it becomes a diminishing return? Are you going to send the mechanic a list of every nut bolt and washer he removed? You should become very familiar with the online parts diagrams such as this: Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota-usa.epc-data.com/
thanks,
I’ve taken a look.
As for understand each part and what it does, for instance governor, is google the best way to go about understanding it and how it interacts with parts around it?

thanks,
I’ve taken a look.
As for understand each part and what it does, for instance governor, is google the best way to go about understanding it and how it interacts with parts around it?
I’m placing a few hours each day for the next week to go over the diagrams here and the FSM
I’ve only found the engine FSM as of now, Is there an overall one on here somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom