TORFAB: The 1995 Emerald Green Refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NookShneer

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
D70_7460.jpg

New project we have getting started at the shop. This will be a pretty involved refresh and we are going to do a build thread to document everything.

1995 FZJ80 in Emerald Green (6M1) 164k on the clock.

Family vehicle that is getting a full mechanical (New OEM Short Block, rebuilt head, new brakes and axle rebuild) refresh and interior work. Mild build with F/R bumpers and 2.5 lift in the plans. The truck will eventually be getting a re-paint when it gets back home.

Stay tune for updates!

Dave

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Sub’d. Looking forward to the journey.

We have the project under way. We started with getting the old motor pulled and any engine parts pulled that would be cleaned and painted.

A brand new 1FZ short block was sourced and the block was painted and parts were moved over. You can see some of the good stuff in the video.

img_1736-jpg.3212306
IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_1736.jpg

New shortblock after only 164k miles? Any issues with the old one? Looks like this will be a very nice rebuild though

No issues with the original motor. Just getting it ready for another long life of enjoyment ahead of it.

No issues with the original motor. Just getting it ready for another long life of enjoyment ahead of it.
What's up with the old engine I bought my girl a 95 with motor problems was easy to diagnose one I got it started for about 30 seconds sounded like big rocks inside the engine locked up spit half a piston out the bottom of the front part of oil pan lol. Pretty sure same color too. Congrats on the job.

What's up with the old engine I bought my girl a 95 with motor problems was easy to diagnose one I got it started for about 30 seconds sounded like big rocks inside the engine locked up spit half a piston out the bottom of the front part of oil pan lol. Pretty sure same color too. Congrats on the job.

We end up holding onto a lot from these types of projects. There is always another customer that will need something. Enjoying the gig, thanks!

New brake parts going on the axles. Sneak peak at the OME 2 inch lift on the front. Wheels and tires get picked up today. We might have a driver this week!

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

What did you guys do to the valve cover? Powder coat or cerakote? I love the color and appearance.

Valve cover was powder coated with Cardinal GR-06. @FMC80

Last edited:
Sounded deadening ✅

Body, Roof, quarter panels, and outer door skins use a lightweight butylene layer called V-MAX.

Doors use an Acoustic Vapor Barrier called VB-2. The combo is impressive when combined. Both products are from a company in Bend, OR called Cascade Audio Engineering.

Roof is getting a cargo rack delete and then more will go up top.

Last step is the carpet kit which gets and integrated Mass Loaded Vinyl layer built into the bottom of the carpet kit.

FA9E28B0-84E2-42C2-BDA7-A3B2FA86CFD3.jpg
E18ED5B9-AEA9-40B0-9118-FF9B3E14CFBB.jpg
9FA2AEE6-8227-4F3F-83C8-29040C52F5A9.jpg

Check the video for a sound sample of the untreated tailgate and treated door for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom