Crank, but no start, please help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im new to the FJ life lol, So just picked an 80 on xmas day, finally settling in an looking to put in work on it. Its a 96 with 216k on the clock, paid $2500, well it started and i drove it home, had to put a battery in it, went to fire it up to move to the side yard for oil change, will crank, no fire. Fuel showed empty, put in 5 gallons, still no fire, looked a fusible link ( i already ordered a spare) looks good gets good voltage, still no fire, CEL is on on the dash. The video i saw online showed the truck not cranking just dead and replaced link and it was fine, the other video showed crank but no fire and no CEL but mine is on, will the link keep spark from happening? Is there a bypass or fuse setup that is used instead of this fusible link bc i read its a know problem. Figured a few fuses instead of a like would work fine. Anyways kinda in the middle of both issues, crank but no fire, no spark actually either, It did take some cranking to get it home, just thoughts ideas, i have about 2 weeks to dedicate to the truck before leaving for work. I will post photos on the new ride tho, pretty excited! I expected to have to put in some work for a $2500 land cruiser. Ran good when it started, no power steering, exhaust sounded really loud and rattled on a stop, leather is torn, all buttons work, shifter red indicator reads wrong, doesn't leak a drop of oil ( and there is oil in it, i did check lol), my fFJ so i feel like i did ok.

shifter red indicator reads wrong
Props to you for adding details that may or may not seem relevant, and for doing research.
I would say the nss (neural safety switch) is out of adjustment, but that would be a no crank situation whereas you have crank no start.

I would still say it's worth your time to mess with the shifter. Try moving the shifter around with the key on start and see what happens. Be prepared in case the truck ends up starting in gear.

Welcome to mud

Props to you for adding details that may or may not seem relevant, and for doing research.
I would say the nss (neural safety switch) is out of adjustment, but that would be a no crank situation whereas you have crank no start.

I would still say it's worth your time to mess with the shifter. Try moving the shifter around with the key on start and see what happens. Be prepared in case the truck ends up starting in gear.

Welcome to mud
Ok, I will give it a shot in the AM and report back,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom