Evans Waterless Coolant vs 50/50 Green Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My coolant system right now is completely empty. Almost anyway. I've been hearing about Evans waterless coolant for years but never actually used it.

I already bought some 50/50 green and will probably go that route but I have to ask, has anyone run this in their rig? I'm a realist and know that I will not flush my system yearly or every other year like the manufacturer recommends. This Evans stuff lasts forever.

My major concern is that I can get the 50/50 stuff just about anywhere. I could also add water in a pinch. If I ran Evans, I'd have to keeps some with me or I'd likely be stranded if I needed some.

I've searched the forum and found a few threads discussing this but they generally have dissolved into ranting without getting to the question.

Has anyone here used Evans waterless coolant before in an FJ40 or anything for that matter and if so, what has the experience been like?

GtssSportCoupe is,
due to a higher boiling point in diesel head application
you must use the evans flushing liquid first
its pricey, but could stop hot spots and steam pockets in indirect injection diesel applications

I always wonder why anyone would buy 50/50 for the same price as 100% anti-freeze. A bottle of distilled water costs about $1.50.
same reason people buy milk for twice the price at the corner store
convenience

i tried to get good old green the other day and could barely find it
there was like 10 other stupid flavors now though... wtf

This coolant is superb for the PERFECT classic, no leaks possible, vehicle. With me , my rig leaks and in az summer has no coolant bottle, 1969. I will take the 1.50 distilled and anti freeze and continue on.

i tried to get good old green the other day and could barely find it
there was like 10 other stupid flavors now though... wtf
The last time I checked, Prestone made coolant in Red, Blue, Green, Teal, Pink, Violet, Orange, Dex-Cool, and another labeled “All Vehicles”. The green is not the old green. The old green that us old timers knew & used is gone. The Prestone "All Vehicles" is a yellow/green which I use and thought it was the old green but it is not. But it is what I use. Concentrate & distilled water. "THIS" YouTube video is informative.

I use evans in my KTM 400 dirtbike that can overheat when working hard on technical steep trails. I would not run Evans in my FJ40 because there is not a good enough reason to spend the extra money on an old low compression tractor engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom