Events/Trails Tucson Monthly Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have to work or I would. Cool idea to get them into stuff besides Tic-Talk and video games.:cheers:
In the old days, Marana was also heavily involved in 4-H and FFA. Hope they still are.
IIRC, Tim Hill still lives out there, he would be great for this.:hmm:

Edit; Oh darn it, just looked at the calendar. How did it go?

Last edited:
I have to work or I would. Cool idea to get them into stuff besides Tic-Talk and video games.:cheers:
In the old days, Marana was also heavily involved in 4-H and FFA. Hope they still are.
IIRC, Tim Hill still lives out there, he would be great for this.:hmm:

Edit; Oh darn it, just looked at the calendar. How did it go?
Really good there was a lot of students cars to show and enough "special invited guests" to judge the students cars. There will be a grand show in the spring that will be the fund raiser for the auto club. Just FYI they still have a big FFA presence there as well.

Hate that I got stuck in ND for work. Sounds like it was a good time.

Is anyone down for an impromptu gathering either New Years eve or on Monday at any location and time to be determined.

What is it and how much do you want?

1997 Landcruiser NOT TRIPLE LOCKED

219k miles. I did a “low mileage engine” in it a few years ago. Original had a bad head gasket so I put a different engine and did a head gasket on the “newl engine. I’ve driven it 4500 miles since.

I’ll get right to the “bad”
1. Salvage title. 2003 it got totaled. It’s been driven the whole 19 years since from what I can tell.

2. Engine has a noise I’ve been told is likely a timing chain tensioner going out. Noise goes away at higher RPM so I don’t think it’s a knock. Not sure.

3. A small amount of rust on top edge of windshield. Frame and the rest of body is completely rust free.

4. bad paint on front end. Obviously cheaply painted after the accident that totaled it.

5. Has power steering leak.

6. Front seats are torn. And the seat gears are questionable. I don’t move them for fear of them not going back. lol

I bought it to off-road and hunt with. So none of this has been and issue or bothered me.

The goods. It’s the last year of the 80. Super capable. Floating axle.

I rebuilt the front knuckles 1000 miles ago.
New tie rod.
I built some front sway disconnects.
OME 850 front and 860 rear springs. I can’t recall exactly what front but I’m pretty sure.

OME longer travel shocks on all 4 corners.

Winch plate installed. “Hidden winch”
Also heavy duty front recovery points. I’m keeping the winch.

Cruise control works.
Cold AC.

No dents

I’m firm on $6k.

What color is it?

EA04C765-06B6-40EF-9BE0-8DE565FFC456.jpeg

7D78E868-966C-423B-9464-7D0BC9FE4041.jpeg

Well at least it's still in the family and I can stop the head scratching to pull it off.
Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom