TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I enjoyed my commute today. Did a couple four wheel donuts as I came into the empty parking lot. Looking forward to getting stuff done without interruption today for once!

View attachment 3197843

One of these days I need to swap my front diff to 3.70 to match the rear. Only been saying that for 8-10 years now. Right now it won’t matter all that much. Can drive it all in 2wd… if I need 4wd, 10% difference in ratio won’t matter much.

6C9EB755-2354-4D47-9192-D10446574545.jpeg

Taxi service

And fix his gears so he isn't worse in the snow than the average fwd car with snow tires...🙄

I just realized we can fix this issue in 10 minutes with a pair of different diameter tires....:idea:

The easy solution would be to throw a 4.10 back in the back... but the front axle is long overdue for a service so it's not the ideal solution.

That said, a couple times today in deep snow I've been shifting into low range to avoid riding the clutch. In two feet of snow with different ratios and all, it didn't love starting in 1st gear high range.

Gotta change your signage to EZ-TAXIS lol.

And sweep the snow off your roof....

Nice to see that thing running.
It has been on the road for the last year... I haven't had nearly enough time/energy to use it.

It has been on the road for the last year... I haven't had nearly enough time/energy to use it.

I know, I'm just glad you got it to this point. Tire idea was just to be funny. But yeah, it is certainly hard on everything when you do get traction... Do you have a correct diff ready to go?

I know, I'm just glad you got it to this point. Tire idea was just to be funny. But yeah, it is certainly hard on everything when you do get traction... Do you have a correct diff ready to go?

Yep. The plan is to swap it into my spare front diff and then swap the knuckles across. The front bearings don’t have a lot of miles on them, and I have shims, longer shackles, and u-bolts waiting. The biggest unknown variable is the centre pin size to replace it with one with a longer head (pin) end.

The front diff housing on the truck has been beat to sh!t by hitting it on rocks.

I have 3.73 and 4.10 spares if you need them?

This is kinda one of those "You can lead a horse to water..." situations :lol:

:flipoff2:

Dual
Income
No
Kids

Between 2 kids, 2 dogs, a buisness, and an employee who said he was going to Japan for a few months & then quit after we held his job for him… life has been getting in the way of my Cruiser hobby.

Get it done already! Isn't it stressful having a cruiser with one leg chopped off?

Is this more appropriate Moderator?

Get it done already! Isn't it stressful having a cruiser with one leg chopped off?

Is this more appropriate Moderator?
I put the steering ahead of it since I'm getting broken enough that I needed P/S to drive it.

Strange feeling was getting into the newer car and it's power steering now feeling hard to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom