Currently On the Road: CDL Stuck & PCS Error (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't see on the dash your center diff lock light. Maybe it is no longer locked?
I usually can tell when taking a turn, best to try that on loose gravel or dirt, rather than pavement.
If it's not locked and just the light is on I would drive it.
I don't think disconnecting the battery for a longer period of time is going to change anything.

I don't see on the dash your center diff lock light. Maybe it is no longer locked?
It’s blinking. The photo caught it in between flashes.

If it’s blinking Inwould guess it’s not locked either. I just wish there was a tell tail sign that it is or isn’t on. I may get in and drive to Auto Zone and get the code read.

I don't think you will be able to "reset" the issue by disconnecting the battery. I can't offer exact repair advice but based on your description of events and the symptoms I would wager a guess the issue is actually in the ABS system perhaps a damaged sensor or wire from your dip in the ice and water.

I’ve never had the CDL fail to locked. If it’s blinking it’s not locked, and the actuator is just not in the home position. Anytime it’s actually locked it’s solid lit.

Unfortunately there are many many potential issues that could blink this light, most of which don’t have any direct relation to cdl.

OP, how old is the battery?

I don't think you will be able to "reset" the issue by disconnecting the battery. I can't offer exact repair advice but based on your description of events and the symptoms I would wager a guess the issue is actually in the ABS system perhaps a damaged sensor or wire from your dip in the ice and water.
This was a curiosity of mine early on given that we broke some ice in one spot, but I have zero experience tinkering with ABS. I may search around and see if I can find locations of components.

I’d really like to just lightly spray the wheels and brake systems down, but the hoses are frozen.

OP, how old is the battery?
New Toyota brand battery purchased February 2021.

Last edited:
The sensors are on the front part of the hub.
Behind this little armor box in the picture, to the right of the cv boot.

B7F1E045-6BDF-4AF6-AA44-1F9F370DC487.jpeg

Well, well, well…

I would think if someone went through the trouble to develop an armor product for these, it’s not a cheap and simple fix.

Anyone have a part number?

8CBFFD26-41FF-405B-A5EA-BE0390653C35.jpeg

49C9E120-92FD-4C46-9390-EB7737829496.jpeg

Last edited:
You could always carry a set of trail spares, the (generic) replacements for the abs sensors aren't too much. The trouble is (as you experienced) that a broken sensor turns off access to 4L and CDL, things I kind of always want to have on tap.

The little guards I have are an SDHQ product.

Im certain I clipped it after we went through a deep, frozen rut.

I’m searching for the part numbers, but no joy yet.

I think I got it…

B13F0FDC-286F-4FB3-98D6-493F736659C9.jpeg

What is that part?
It is the wheel speed sensor that mounts in the front knuckle and picks up a signal from the tone ring on the back of the CV bell. Needed by ABS, traction control, stability control, PCS.. lots of important stuff.

Last edited:
The sensors are on the front part of the hub.
Behind this little armor box in the picture, to the right of the cv boot.

View attachment 3202191

I knew the moment I read the OP's posts that it was an ABS sensor. I had the exact failure on my last 5th Gen which lead me to getting the SDHQ ABS Guards and I just received a set for my 200 as well. I think I might make some time tomorrow to get them installed after seeing this thread. Glad that the OP got it resolved.

I just bought those SDHQ guards last week, vindication feels great.

I’m glad you sorted out the issue!

Where did you get the SDHQ guards ?

I just bought those SDHQ guards last week, vindication feels great.

I’m glad you sorted out the issue!
@Artie you may be familiar with where this happened. We were over at Three Sisters Mountain in Dahlonega. FS 135, I believe. Cool little trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom