What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have interest in parts/drivetrain for a 1995 KZH106 Hiace Van?
My neighbour rolled his van and totaled it, apparently frame is slightly bent but it's back on its wheels and rolls. About 220k kms on the clock. 4wd, 5spd manual, 1KZTE engine. Going to take a look today and try to help him out. He's in his 70's and doesn't want to deal with parting out so I may give him a hand if there's interest in parts. Located west of Calgary.

I picked one up. 1987 HJ60, LHD imported from Nicaragua. Super clean all around, runs decent, stops and turns decently. The biggest issues is a really bad oil leak from the timing cover gasket, which I've ordered a replacement for, and most of the gauges don't work. The only one that works, that I could tell, was the voltage (it's also a 12v rig). All in all, I'm pretty happy with the base point it represents. It's a basically rust free, 5 speed manual, diesel 60 series, which is what I've wanted ever since I learned that was a possibility. One of the funny quirks is that one of the previous owners swapped the square headlight front end on it, because that's the newer front end, and thus more prestigious in Nicaragua. The wing windows, and sliding rear glass are all fun bonuses we don't get stateside, too. If anyone has any advice on how to go about the gasket replacement, feel free to let me know. I have the FSM for the engine, and am planning to follow that, but it's always helpful when people who have done the job have tips/tricks on making it easier.

20221207_144955.jpg
20221207_131834.jpg

Anyone have interest in parts/drivetrain for a 1995 KZH106 Hiace Van?
My neighbour rolled his van and totaled it, apparently frame is slightly bent but it's back on its wheels and rolls. About 220k kms on the clock. 4wd, 5spd manual, 1KZTE engine. Going to take a look today and try to help him out. He's in his 70's and doesn't want to deal with parting out so I may give him a hand if there's interest in parts. Located west of Calgary.
I finally found a turbocharger kit for 3B that I installed in my FJ40. She was a little weak running at 60 mph. Have 5 speed and 3.70 diff. Have it on and working but need to install gauges and fine tune. Short drive seems to have much more zip. I will update info as I get her further along.

20221214_160830.jpg

20221214_160846.jpg

20221214_160806.jpg

Installed the front driveshaft I rebuilt and since I am waiting on a new rear driveshaft from America, confirmed that the 4x4 actually works by driving it around the block with only the front driveshaft. Happy to report that it actually does work. First time I have tried it since I bought it 6 months ago.

Got the head off to find out why I have no compression in the #1 hole. Will be tidying up the intercooler piping and such when I put it back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom