FJ62 Crate Motor swap Vs LS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've read a ton of posts regarding LS and Diesel swaps into the 60 series but not much about a good ole crate 350. I've put two into 40 series but am considering it for my 62. I've been running a Fitech or Sniper system on past swaps and they are really simple. No Computer or complicated wiring. It seems like this would be far simpler and better for your average driveway mechanic but maybe theres a good reason why I shouldn't. I'm decent with motor stuff but terrible with electronics so this sniper/crate seems so much simpler and less stressful than an LS conversion. Any thoughts as to why this is not a good idea?

Many have done it. Good reasons you share why you are thinking of doing it. Wide parts availability. No computers without sniper. Easy to work on. Good power. Do mechanical fan clutch and shroud if you do. LS motor is more refined. It’s made well. Can get extra 100hp from a cam change is what I hear. Depends on you goals.

This has been beaten to death already. How many SBC swaps are you seeing since like 2010.
Gen 3 engine with the return rails and built in regulator, 4l60 into a FJ62 is literally the most straight forwards and affordable swap you can possibly do,
Buy my motor mounts, transmission wiring, t-case bracket, transmission linkage, TCC wiring, sensor adapters,
Buy radiator, AC hoses and PS hose from Mosley, if you have everything whole swap can be done in about 4-5 days plus exhaust.

This has been beaten to death already. How many SBC swaps are you seeing since like 2010.
Gen 3 engine with the return rails and built in regulator, 4l60 into a FJ62 is literally the most straight forwards and affordable swap you can possibly do,
Buy my motor mounts, transmission wiring, t-case bracket, transmission linkage, TCC wiring, sensor adapters,
Buy radiator, AC hoses and PS hose from Mosley, if you have everything whole swap can be done in about 4-5 days plus exhaust.
Ok cruisermatt. How do I buy your stuff

Ok cruisermatt. How do I buy your stuff

My website www.CruiserMatts.com or just through PM here.

Mosley Motors for your radiator, PS hose and AC hoses.

Another note if you are buying my products you will get 1-on-1 tech support through your whole project if you have any questions.

@Holy Moly here is my parts list with links to purchase for the same swap (62, 5.3, 4l60). I am utilizing all the parts that Matt listed, plus a few “while you’re in there” items. Feel free to make a copy, or I am happy to email you an excel version of you pm me. Good luck!

Link
Awesome list! Thank you for sharing

the wiring on a gen3 LS based motor is really pretty simple. Just a few wires to get it running. Cruise adds an hour or two, and controlling your AC and fans adds another few hours. Dont let wiring be the reason you dont have port injection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom