The - Resurrected - CLCC Toyota Chat Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diff Kraken

SILVER Star
Threads
In the Christmas Spirit, I present, as a gift to the club, the "Resurrected CLCC Toyota Chat Thread".

This is for our communal Toyota Chat needs and will be less about my personal vehicle trials and tribulations... although, please do feel free to post your own personal Toyota nonsense right here. 🎅🎄🍻

tempImagew0nC68.png

Last edited:
In the Christmas Spirit, I present, as a gift to the club, the "Resurrected CLCC Toyota Chat Thread".

This is for our communal Toyota Chat needs and will be less about my personal vehicle trials and tribulations... although, please do feel free to post your own personal Toyota nonsense right here. 🎅🎄🍻

View attachment 3198269

Nice highlander! 🤓

Fresh off the youtube press... Another great video from Kai @ Tinkerer's Adventure. Hands on testing of sway bar impact on Toyota IFS by a mechanical engineer. As is usually the case with Kai, these are very interesting results IMHO.

Key Findings for Toyota IFS trucks:
1) Best articulation = stiff rear sway bar + no front sway bar
2) Good Articulation = OEM rear sway bar + no front sway bar
3) Pretty Good Articulation = no rear sway bar (*this gets more complicated with long travel/see details in video) + no front sway bar
4) OK to drive on road without front sway bar, but definitely not quite as safe in a quick maneuver as with front and rear sway bars
5) KDSS is a bit of a cheat code :cool:

If you agree or disagree with these key takeaways, please post up! Always good to have input from folks on here who have experience with related mods.

Enjoy the video!

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 9.24.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 9.20.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 9.22.47 AM.png

Interesting?

Interesting?
I think so. I would have thought that you'd get the most articulation by removing front and rear sway bars. I found it counterintuitive that you'd get better articulation by just removing the front and leaving the rear.

Looks like they Tundra-ized the next Tacoma. This is a leaked image from a design patent application. At least there's a break between the upper and lower front grilles.

tacoma-front.jpg

Sorry, I like my small 2004 Taco. Not a fan in the least of the mid sized '05 and newer.

I struggle mightily with squared wheel wells.

What are the disadvantages of the 2H as compared to a 2F. 2H gonna get you more range for sure but what about maintenance, parts, reliability etc….. disregard conversion. I’m talking stock 60 or the like, one with a 2H and one with a 2F…. Why pick one over the other?

What are the disadvantages of the 2H as compared to a 2F. 2H gonna get you more range for sure but what about maintenance, parts, reliability etc….. disregard conversion. I’m talking stock 60 or the like, one with a 2H and one with a 2F…. Why pick one over the other?

One @OTRAMM will work on....the other he won't. :meh:

One @OTRAMM will work on....the other he won't. :meh:
I should clarify that a bit. We'll still do older stuff on a case by case basis for existing customers. But we're not taking older work from new customers.
As I am in column 2 I guess the question stands. Are there some deal-killers for the 2H? as compared to the 2F specifically?

As I am in column 2 I guess the question stands. Are there some deal-killers for the 2H? as compared to the 2F specifically?
We've never done Diesel so I'm not sure on them. All but one non US truck I've seen has been a dumpster fire with fresh paint. I wouldn't go near anything Diesel.

I'll turn this around on you. Why are you considering an out of market diesel versus a US market 2F vehicle? I ask because if you just want a Toyota diesel then it really doesn't matter. The 2F is a great motor and easy to work on. Several experienced members in the club could help with any number of issues you might encounter. I'm not sure the same applies to the 2H.

I'll turn this around on you. Why are you considering an out of market diesel versus a US market 2F vehicle? I ask because if you just want a Toyota diesel then it really doesn't matter. The 2F is a great motor and easy to work on. Several experienced members in the club could help with any number of issues you might encounter. I'm not sure the same applies to the 2H.
I’m not really at the point of considering I don’t think. More just curious. I’ve never even seen one in person. Your post sums up my main thoughts though really. I guess the draw is the oddity of it, which is usually not a benefit in most cases like this. The only diesel I have experience with is my little kubota and driving fire engines. I haven’t really worked on either besides regular pm on the kubota. I guess I just wondered what the allure is and how the 2 engines compared if anyone had owned both. I’ve always wanted a 2F. There is no driving passion making me want a diesel.
From what has been said though it would probably make me more inclined to pass if something came my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom