What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude, I'm cohabitating with mice in the Cruiser. They get the engine bay, I get the cab, for the most part. They crack open hackberry seeds on the exhaust header, and crap in the freeze plugs on the head, pee on my battery. If I had a garage, the relationship would definitely be illegitimate.

Should be happy that's all they do. Have a neighbor with a couple year old RAV4. Twice it's been towed to the closest Toyota dealer for mice and wiring problems. The tow is at least 80 miles depending on which route the driver takes. Haven't parked any of our vehicles out side at the cabin for ten years. Even then was just acorns shells in the engine bay and nest make of TP in the glovebox. I keep a cup of sun flower seeds in the garage to be sure they is no unwelcome guests in there.

I'm so lucky that I don't live in one of those subdivisions with rattlesnakes, mice, and packrats. Anything that doesn't fit in the garage is subject to being totaled by insurance for that reason. Coyotes eat the cats, so no help there. That, and you can't leave your garage door open for like a whole afternoon. I've spoken with people who apparently have lost more than one vehicle. Some dude, in the news, heard a rattle next to the water heater and had to be taken to the hospital.

My truck was recovered from a ranch that included oaks. The harness wasn't really that chewed, but tons of foodstuffs were in there.

In the fifty years I've been in AZ I have only seen a Black Tail Rattler once. 7,000' not many snakes. My other home at 1,100' leave cat and water in my second garage. Few ferals around which keeps the insects and rodent away.

Few weeks ago something got in my garage. Few hours of my stereo playing no more rodent. To me it's worth to be rural. Not just coyotes rodents and snakes. This is by far our most common visitor.
PXL_20221212_195252714.jpg

Believe because the garage door is only open during the day pretty it was a chipmunk in there. Never seen mice during the day.

In the fifty years I've been in AZ I have only seen a Black Tail Rattler once. 7,000' not many snakes. My other home at 1,100' leave cat and water in my second garage. Few ferals around which keeps the insects and rodent away.

Few weeks ago something got in my garage. Few hours of my stereo playing no more rodent. To me it's worth to be rural. Not just coyotes rodents and snakes. This is by far our most common visitor.
View attachment 3197667
Believe because the garage door is only open during the day pretty it was a chipmunk in there. Never seen mice during the day.

I have beef with oak thickets. The only creatures that can get thru that will show a kind of dominance to all the creatures that can't hunt thru it. I'd love a ponderosa stand, except in fire season.

No, but it is the fj40 section... I just don't understand why someone calling it an FJ would warrant a distinction. I've had plenty of people call my truck an FJ, Land cruiser, 40, anything but jeep is fine in my eyes. Thats why I said I didn't get it, and am asking for clarification...
I find when someone calls an FJ40/55 an "FJ" there is a 99.99999% chance that person is a flaming douchebag.

Should be happy that's all they do. Have a neighbor with a couple year old RAV4. Twice it's been towed to the closest Toyota dealer for mice and wiring problems. The tow is at least 80 miles depending on which route the driver takes. Haven't parked any of our vehicles out side at the cabin for ten years. Even then was just acorns shells in the engine bay and nest make of TP in the glovebox. I keep a cup of sun flower seeds in the garage to be sure they is no unwelcome guests in there.
Todays car manufacturers thought it's a good idea to make wire insulation based out of Soy, which attracts mice and other furry creatures.

26 degrees, snowing and going through spare parts. My shorthair just isn’t cut out for the cold. View attachment 3197397
My new GSP pup (7 month old rescue) is curled up in the spare director's chair behind me=It's warmed up to 9 deg F (on its way to 19) and snowing.
IMG_1507.JPG

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that there are many FJXX models. FJ4X, FJ55, FJ6X, FJ7X, and FJ80. Calling an FJ40 an FJ is as bad as calling it a J**p. ^the other above comments.
When in my Jeep and a 40 is rolling towards me I give the jeep wave with a chuckle knowing that I just caused the owner to mumble in discontent.

You mean "REAL" Broncos versus "new Broncos"? I thought we went through that with that miscarriage called the "Bronco II"!
Bronco II, Mustang II, Blazer, etc. Just wait until they re-launch the ramcharger as a FWD crossover with a CVT or some sort of garbage like that.

B0378253-7C40-451F-A00F-570D8C3E89CF.jpeg

Went for a drive last night… :)

C8D7D3ED-B450-476B-8CF9-7F5F594018AF.jpeg

When I got up this morning… :D

45ABF9D1-F903-43E0-A9F3-EC7565B28B36.jpeg
AD00969D-C816-4014-8DEF-213AC5B09F2E.jpeg
47CBC793-A318-4114-B102-F6E850903D4D.jpeg

Did someone say snow. Both dogs absolutely love it. The 2 year old keeps begging to go back outside, and then barking and waiting at the door because she wants the 10 year old to come outside and play some more in it.

Removed the carb and heat shield. Soaking the manifold nuts/bolts to “hopefully” replace the intake gasket and get this build back on the road for the first time in 11 years.
1FCB7CF6-3133-42AA-94A8-3EF7684D8F2A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom