Builds 2018 Premium 460 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is Kaon offering those interior shelves/pockets now or is that from another vendor?
Now that looks like the most functional setup I've see for the rear door.
I'm starting to get interested in either making a setup like that or purchasing one.

I had their door table on our last GX and I loved it but those interior pieces make an otherwise un utilized space usable again.

Now that looks like the most functional setup I've see for the rear door.
I'm starting to get interested in either making a setup like that or purchasing one.
Lol, go back about two years ago in my build thread, you’ll see it there there first.

The whole rear storage area is pretty much identical to mine with the exception of my Truckvault vs there Goose Gear. Only a few ways to skin a cat.

The air compressor is in the cabin somewhere but haven’t seen pics of that yet.

Found my front stabilizer bar KDSS actuator and fixed link, bushing retainers missing while performing routine maintenance. DR KDSS has a replacement billet clamp for replacement. Installation is simple, just have to locate and drill a set screw hole in the stabilizer. If you install these be aware not to over tighten them as clamp fasteners will shear!

KDSS #1.jpg
KDss #2.jpg

Refacing dust/tailgater lights. This has been a project I've wanted to complete for sometime and finally got around to it.

When out in a big group the rear facing dust lights are a good way to keep the person at your 6 from following to close and makes it easy to locate the conga line. When you get a tailgater that doesn't back off, give em a quick light flash.

I had to fabricate a anti rotation device, the lights normally mount with a carriage bolt to eliminate the light from rotating. The way I wanted to mount these the carriage bolt was replaced. I also used TMR Customs zip tie tabs to manage wire routing. Filled the last switch on the sPOD.

R1.jpg
R3.jpg
R7.jpg
R5.jpg
R6.jpg

I may put some on at a later date, but I like rear lights as proximity lighting when camping.
I haven't yet because the lights in my MetelTech rear bumper are so bright, I don't need any extra lighting when in reverse, but still don't give me the "flood" coverage up high for camping that I'd like to have.

Last edited:
I may put some on at a later date, but I like rear lights as proximity lighting when camping.
I haven't yet because the lights in my MetelTech rear bumper are so bright, I don't need any extra lighting when in reverse, but still don't give me the "flood" coverage up high for camping that I'd like to have.
I've got that flood/camp light thing covered with scene lighting and rock lights. Actually the rock lights are super nice in camp, down low and just enough light that you don't need a headlamp. I hate headlamps.

I've got that flood/camp light thing covered with scene lighting and rock lights. Actually the rock lights are super nice in camp, down low and just enough light that you don't need a headlamp. I hate headlamps.
Agree, generally don't care for headlamps unless I need both hands. But in camp, it's small, fits in a pocket easily and mine has several light modes, white, green, red, UV blue. UV is nice when looking for scorpions and such, and red for not ruining my night vision (or anyone else around). Haven't needed green since I'm not a hunter.
But back to proximity lighting, for me the whole idea is to make sure you don't trip on anything, e.g. guy lines, totes, etc. and if anything small should drop on the ground, easier to find.
I've been lazy, but I've also been wanting to run strips of LED's tucked up under the rock sliders for puddle lights and a trim the inside of the hood with LED's so when it opens, flick a switch and the entire engine bay is lit up.

Last edited:
I know this was directed to Washingtontaco, but on my rack, they took the wires down along the passenger "A" pillar, along the groove where the windshield is recessed.
Then they smoothed silicone over the top. If you like, I can take a couple pics.

Agree, generally don't care for headlamps unless I need both hands. But in camp, it's small, fits in a pocket easily and mine has several light modes, white, green, red, UV blue. UV is nice when looking for scorpions and such, and red for not ruining my night vision (or anyone else around). Haven't needed green since I'm not a hunter.
But back to proximity lighting, for me the whole idea is to make sure you don't trip on anything, e.g. guy lines, totes, etc. and if anything small should drop on the ground, easier to find.
I've been lazy, but I've also been wanting to run strips of LED's tucked up under the rock sliders for puddle lights and a trim the inside of the hood with LED's so when it opens, flick a switch and the entire engine bay is lit up.
Yeah I saved the connectors from the running boards, plan on installing some low level lights to those. Someday when it becomes priority.

Reactions: r2m
How/where do you have the wiring running into the cabin?
Here is the wire routing path for my dust lights, it runs down the left side rear door jamb. I run solar and scene light wires down the right in similar fashion. I notched the taillight housing and glued the wires in place with white RTV.

RW1.jpg
RW2.jpg
RW3.jpg
RW4.jpg
RW5.jpg

Here is the wire routing path for my dust lights, it runs down the left side rear door jamb. I run solar and scene light wires down the right in similar fashion. I notched the taillight housing and glued the wires in place with white RTV.

View attachment 3194579View attachment 3194580View attachment 3194581View attachment 3194583View attachment 3194584
Nice work utilizing that space. I’m actually going to drill and install a new grommet underneath in the rear tucked up a bit to be above any water line. I’ve got a ton of lights and accessories to install that has wiring.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom