Has to be a better way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched for ideas here, but unable to find anything,
Have ideas been shared on how to eliminate the “bolt through” wheel well for rear seat brackets. Maybe something that is all contained inside the cab?
Searching for ideas.
Thanks all.

248E2198-0A20-4A00-8070-5AA7295CAAAD.jpeg

I guess a guy could build some captured nuts in some sort of plate inside the wagon. In doing so the seat mount would have to be shortened to the right height. If I might ask, what's your thoughts on the bolt through, rust? I'd weld up a patch panel and add a reinforcement plate under the wheel well then use whatever you like to seal and paint.

Worst part about that particular problem area is that it’s unseen. That can also be an advantage when repairing it, as it doesn’t have to be 100% perfection. The most important is that it just does it’s job. The hardest part is recreating that small bit of radius, as it isn’t completely flat. The reinforcement plate on the outside should have a bunch of seam sealer around the perimeter to keep the moisture out.

Thoughts would be inline with @RUSH55
Cut out. Replace wheel well portion. Shorten seat bracket .5 to .75”, enough to accommodate an interior bolt in. Of course keeping safety and functionality in mind.
Wasn’t able to find the topic anywhere so thought I’d ask the pros.

🤔
If I can find it, I’ll post the link. Lots of rust repair jobs around here…
Or..... my current in-progress at PnB piggie had a similar issue, not quite as evident but needed attention.. he went the cut the rust out, shape the metal wheel well replacement, weld it in, and replace the support plate in the wheel well .. plenty of seam seal in the wheel well as suggested above.. but it's only metal.. :)

Or..... my current in-progress at PnB piggie had a similar issue, not quite as evident but needed attention.. he went the cut the rust out, shape the metal wheel well replacement, weld it in, and replace the support plate in the wheel well .. plenty of seam seal in the wheel well as suggested above.. but it's only metal.. :)
MDR, is there pics of this? Can you post a link to the thread, please?

He showed me the issues (rust at the bolt thrus) and I didn't take pics... But basically the same issue.. These are the only pics I have, with the original support plates after having been removed... I'll get some pics of the new plates underneath today or tomorrow... and he basically cut out the rusted area of the bolt holes, welded in new plates, layed a skim coat down, then welded in new support plates underneath...

Hahahaha.. Took me WAAAAAAYYYY to long to know that's Macdaddyrabbit... OMG,, still laughing....Living in a military culture for a coupe of years and speaking nothing but the 'f' bomb and acronyms I get confused.... LOL !!!
Too many TLAs...

MDR, is there pics of this? Can you post a link to the thread, please?

and I'm so technologically challenged I don't know how to post the link.... sorry... it's the 77 Montana to Florida thread....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom