Events/Trails Valentine's Trail Ride - Feb 4th 2023 (2 Viewers)

Which weekend works for you?

• Feb 4th

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Feb 11th

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Feb 18th

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
It's that time of year again to post up and see which weekend works best for the majority for a Valentine's run to Flagpole.

For those that have not wheeled Flagpole or are newer to wheeling, it is Forest Service road and fun and scenic. Please pick the weekend that works best for you, allowing multiple selections for those that are flexible. Which ever weekend is picked we will wheel that SATURDAY.

We've stayed at a motel that's nearby in years past, so if you want to stay out that way the hotel is: The Village Inn
The place offers a nice breakfast in the mornings and not far from Turner Ashby High school to meetup for the trail ride.

The trail ride will be Union Springs > Flagpole > Switzerdam.

Link to last year's thread: Valentine's Day Trail Ride 2022 - Feb 12th and Feb 19th - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/valentines-day-trail-ride-2022-feb-12th-and-feb-19th.1273428/page-6#post-14316612

Roster:
me

@DrivenLyfe
@at4fj60
@1MOA

@Diff Kraken
@iptman

Meet Up at 0930
Ottobine Elementary School Springs
8646 Waggys Creek Rd, Dayton, VA 22821

Comms:

Club radio channels.

Last edited:
I hope we get some snow whichever weekend is wheeling!

Put my vote/s in...Saturdays are tough for me most of the year, but I should be pretty free this time of year...that said I skipped the 11th since Super Bowl Sunday is the 12th and I may have a little rush on that Saturday at work, unless of course a local team is in, then I'll be really busy that day!

Perks too for a nice place to hole up the evening before since it's a bit of a haul from Annapolis.

I voted for the 11th, but then realized KOH is that day so I will be watching that...

Is it on TV?
There will be a live stream all week from all the races. Trophy trucks are the weekend before. Nothing like watching 7,000 lbs going 140 mph across the desert with 3 foot of suspension travel!

You can watch for free with commercials too.

I voted for the 11th, but then realized KOH is that day so I will be watching that...
Good to know! I try to keep up with it on the YouTube streams in years past. Lot of fun to watch

Is there a kml of the route or something? Trying to figure out if it realistic to both ride and get home for the game on 2/12 if the poll wins out the ride is 2/11.

Is there a kml of the route or something? Trying to figure out if it realistic to both ride and get home for the game on 2/12 if the poll wins out the ride is 2/11.
Very doable. Where do you live? Ride itself isn't too difficult or long. Members have driven out morning of and gotten back home by 7 or 8pm that night

Very doable. Where do you live? Ride itself isn't too difficult or long. Members have driven out morning of and gotten back home by 7 or 8pm that night
I'm in Fredericksburg so would look to go out Friday and spend the night then maybe sat night too if it's an easy reach back in the am. Looking at where flagpole is seems totally doable but I can't find Swissdam. Anyone got a grid on that?

D995E4B5-CB7E-477E-9A42-599604C7E025.png

Switzer = Skidmore

Last edited:
I'm in Fredericksburg so would look to go out Friday and spend the night then maybe sat night too if it's an easy reach back in the am. Looking at where flagpole is seems totally doable but I can't find Swissdam. Anyone got a grid on that?
The whole thing is around 21miles
Screenshot_20221215-075246.png

the trail time depends on how many rigs, their ability, and drivers' propensity to gab during stops. I did it a couple weekends ago with about 10 trucks, most of them on 35's +, and we did union to briery branch gap in about 5hrs. we stopped for lunch and run up a bunch of the "side obstacles". parts of flagpole were a little more rutted than usual.

You may also get stuck waiting behind people who shouldn't on the trail as well

Voted for the fourth or eleventh. I should be in for either of the days assuming my wheels get here in January. Looking forward to getting out there and meeting you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom