For Sale Maryland -- 1990 FJ62 -- LS Crate Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
I am currently preparing my Cruiser for sale on Bring A Trailer, but I thought I would list it here while I'm in the application process. I have not had the pro photos done yet, so you will be looking at iPhone photos on the street. I didn't even wash it. I have had this truck for 13 years and have watched it progress from a stock vehicle to a wonderfully streetable wheeling rig that I have taken on many trips with The Capital Land Cruiser Club. Price: $49k.

This truck features:
  • LS crate engine with less than 1k miles on it.
  • Custom aluminum radiator and shroud with Spahl fans.
  • Hooker headers
  • Custom 2.5” mostly stainless steel exhaust
  • A transmission that was rebuilt 19k miles ago.
  • Freshly painted body in factory gray
  • An ARB front bumper.
  • A rear bumper constructed from the kit suppled by Fourrunner.
  • Marlin Crawler sliders.
  • Dual battery set up with switch under dash for self-jumping.
  • 33” BFG All-Terrain tires with less than 3k miles on them.
  • ProCar Elite seats. An unbelievable upgrade. One of the best things I did.
  • 12 volt outlet in rear cargo area, fed from secondary battery to power a refrigerator.
  • USB port on dash.
  • CB radio with antenna mounted on front bumper
The biggest change you will see is the addition of a Gen III 5.3 LS. I had Forge Specialities do the swap. They have since shuttered their doors, but you can see the build thread here. If you read this thread thoroughly, you will see that it was a very tight, clean build—the engine looks like it should be there. I literally never had to take it back as it drove without issue since delivery. When the engine swap was done, a rebuilt transmission was installed.

In preparation for sale, I have taken out the tired Silverado LM7 and replaced it with a an ATK Performance Engines crate motor. It is now boasting 385hp which is 100hp over stock.

I have also just had a few dents taken out of the body and it was resprayed in its factory original color. The bumpers and sliders were painted and the wheel wells got a stone guard treatment as well.

The interior is stock, with the exception that the front seats have been replaced by ProCar seats and the there is a USB port on the dash.

Recent work includes:
  • Before painting, I resealed the drip rails with Eastwood Self-leveling seam sealer.
  • Replacing the C-channels in the rear frame with a kit from Trail Tailor.
  • Installed 5 new BF Goodrich A/T tires in October 2020. They have less than 1,000 miles on them.
  • Installed USB ports in dash.
  • Replaced both batteries with Dekka AGM Type 31
  • The cross member for rear shocks was braced and reinforced.
  • In March of 2019, the brake booster was replaced with a City Racer new-manufacture booster.
  • In February of 2017, the brake master cylinder was replaced with an Aisin unit.
  • I rebuilt the transfer case not long after I bought it, It has 35k miles on the rebuild.
  • The front axles were resealed 200 miles ago.
  • New gas struts for rear hatch.
  • New extended sway bar links and bushings
Known issues:
  • There are holes in the cargo area where the fridge slide was mounted.
  • There are cracks in the dash, limited to the area in front of the gauge cluster.
  • When heavily loaded and the suspension compressed, the front driveshaft slightly rubs the exhaust. It is unnoticeable when in 2WD, and harmless when in 4WD. Could probably be fixed by slightly lowering the passenger-side bump stop.
  • The transfer case leaks a bit but does not drip. In my opinion it does not warrant a tear down to reseal.
  • The rear universal joint on the rear driveshaft has a zerk that is impossible to get a grease gun on. It may be possible with a needle tip, but I have not tried. A 90-degree zerk would fix it and I plan on changing it before it is listed on BaT.
IMG_7390.jpeg
IMG_7391.jpeg
IMG_7392.jpeg
IMG_7393.jpeg
IMG_7394.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have any more info on the radiator? Was it a custom fab, or purchased through a vendor?

Nice cruiser, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom