Day run Castle Hot Springs to table Mesa rd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it's possible to drive from Cow Creek road to Table Mesa road out to I17 but, it's not legal.

20221211_103619.jpg

20221211_104745.jpg

20221211_103248.jpg

20221211_102955.jpg

20221211_093527.jpg

Well it's possible to drive from Cow Creek road to Table Mesa road out to I17 but, it's not legal.

View attachment 3191413

View attachment 3191414

View attachment 3191415

View attachment 3191416

View attachment 3191417

Details?

I ran into more access issues on my last trip out than ever before... that was west of wickenberg a bit, and private land seems to be nowhere but at the end of a public road.

Last I tried, this route was only open during seasons where it was impassible due to lake level.

Maricopa County employees stop us at the end of river to Table Mesa Rd. The officials told us this area is closed year round now where the eagles nest. Heading East on table mesa road is vary maintained and is a 0 challeng.

Screenshot_20221211-230908_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-230827_Gaia GPS.jpg

Nice run. Be aware that Table Mesa WEST from I17 has a small section of State Trust Land that you must cross to get to the designated 4×4 staging (*and further shooting areas), but isn't closely monitored. OTOH, Table Mesa EAST from I17 you pass through a State Trust Land gate for several parcels in the area between there and 7-Springs, if you follow it far enough.

Certain times of the year there are a few water crossings to be watchful of, as they're deep pulleys, and any rain in the area would make those impassable. Both good run spots, and I've driven them both East and West many times.

Thanks for the run report, and sounds like you guys had a good time!

Nice run. Be aware that Table Mesa WEST from I17 has a small section of State Trust Land that you must cross to get to the designated 4×4 staging (*and further shooting areas), but isn't closely monitored. OTOH, Table Mesa EAST from I17 you pass through a State Trust Land gate for several parcels in the area between there and 7-Springs, if you follow it far enough.

Certain times of the year there are a few water crossings to be watchful of, as they're deep pulleys, and any rain in the area would make those impassable. Both good run spots, and I've driven them both East and West many times.

Thanks for the run report, and sounds like you guys had a good time!
Thanks for this Thomas

Made a trip out to Baldy Mountain range today, but the range was closed. Probably because the fog had rolled in and you couldn't see past about 100yds. My neighbor and I then decided to run out to Castle Hot Springs - this is from the West Lake Pleasant park entrance, and with the active rain - heavy at times - the river sections were easily passable, but flowing.

Requisite LC shot of Christian Camp Range, which was open in spite of the rain.
Screenshot_20230116-223756.jpg

Once past Castle Hot Springs, we decided to make it a round robin onward for the 20mi back to SR74, Carefree Hwy. That section took us about 35min to go 20mi, as it was sloppy mud, with 7-8 mild water crossings, one deep enough for me to stop and contemplate it before choosing my line. It was only 12-14" deep, but the flow rate was what concerned me. Lots of makeshift rock waterfalls in the area that I'd never seen, as every other time I've been out there, it was dry as a bone.

Straight shot across SR74 back to I17, and home. A good (impromptu) run, got to show an Iowan some AZ history and beautiful scenery, complete with fog. Wasn't expecting to get out there today, but making the most of a nice day not at work,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom