LX 600 Aftermarket Wheel Choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those looking for aftermarket wheels for your LX 600, I will try to provide you with the information I have learned over the past few weeks. I would also like to thank member Bomar for taking the time to visit with me about what he has learned. I have the LX 600 with the Luxury package, which comes with 22" wheels. The factory wheel comes with 265/50/22 Dunlop Tire. A dealer in Dallas did put some 285/50/22 all-terrain tires on LX 600 but had to do quite a bit of cutting and used a spacer to make those tires work with the stock rims. In addition, the tires poked out significantly past the fenders. Click on this thread to see what it looks like: 18" BBS TRD Pro Wheels - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/18-bbs-trd-pro-wheels.1283765/.

After seeing the LX 600 overland build that Dissent did in collaboration with Lexus and Yeti, I ordered the Vossen HF6-4 wheels that they used. The Vossen wheels are a 20-inch wheel, 9.5-inch width, and a 30 offset. After visiting with Bomar, he said the tires are still going to stick out way past the fender unless I add fender flares. The JAOS flares on the Dissent build retail for right at $5,000. I tried canceling the Vossen order but it was too late. I will sell the Vossen wheels at a discount to another LX owner or a Tundra owner. Here are some photos of the Dissent build with the JAOS flares: Dissent, Lexus, yeti lx600 build! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-lexus-yeti-lx600-build.1289563/. At this time, I don't know of anyone who makes a fender flare for the LX 600 other than the $5,000 JAOS Flares.

SOLUTION: JAOS does make some wheels for the LX 600 with an offset for use without the flares and with the flares. The JAOS Tribe Cross 20" wheel is 9 inches wide has a 55 offset. This seems to be the best solution for me. I found a Japanese online retailer who has the JAOS wheels for a decent price. These wheels were specifically made for the LX 600 and LC 300. Here is a link to the JAOS wheels: ジャオス オフィシャルサイト - https://www.jaos.co.jp/product/B952090MGM/3089.html. There is also a YouTube video here: .

Right now, there just aren't many aftermarket wheel choices for the LX 600 with an offset that keeps the tires within the fender area.

UPDATE: I gave the Vossen HF6-4s 30 offset a try. I installed Continental Terrian Contact A/T 275/55/20 on two wheels and mounted them to see how far they stuck past the fenders. There was some slight poke (see photos) but not as much as I expected.

Side View.jpeg

Vossen Back.jpeg

Vossen Front.jpeg

I then asked the tire shop to mount the Continental Terrian Contact A/Ts on the JAOS 20-inch wheels with a 55 offset. The JAOS Tribe Cross wheels fit perfectly and did not stick out past the fender. I could have gone with a 285/55/20 tire, but Continental doesn't make this tire in that size. I spend about 90% of my time on pavement, usually in light mud and gravel when off-road. Therefore, I didn't need to go with an aggressive all-terrain tire. My goal was to keep the ride quality as close to stock as possible.

I am pleased with the fitment of the JAOS wheels. JAOS only offers the wheels in two colors: Matte Gun Metal Metallic and Titanium Gold. The Matte Gun Metal Metallic is darker in person than shown on the internet. I prefer more of a BMW Silver Color and wish that would have been an option.

The JAOS wheels come with two different offsets. The 55 offset is for a vehicle without fender flares, and the 38 offset is for an LX with flares. I had to order the wheels from an online retailer located in Japan. If you want to order these wheels, please send me a message, and I will provide the retailer's name.

I am selling the Vossen HF6-4s with the 30 offset at a discounted price. The Vossen HF6-4 is a complete set of four wheels with all hardware (Vossen Center Caps, Vossen Lug Nuts with a wheel lock). Two wheels had tires mounted, but they never saw any road use. They will come in the original boxes, and I will ship them. The price is $2,300 shipped in the contiguous USA.

JAOS SIDE.jpeg

tempImageewFPRr.png

UPDATE: I gave the Vossen HF6-4s 30 offset a try. I installed Continental Terrian Contact A/T 275/55/20 on two wheels and mounted them to see how far they stuck past the fenders. There was some slight poke (see photos) but not as much as I expected.

View attachment 3159127

View attachment 3159131

View attachment 3159132

I then asked the tire shop to mount the Continental Terrian Contact A/Ts on the JAOS 20-inch wheels with a 55 offset. The JAOS Tribe Cross wheels fit perfectly and did not stick out past the fender. I could have gone with a 285/55/20 tire, but Continental doesn't make this tire in that size. I spend about 90% of my time on pavement, usually in light mud and gravel when off-road. Therefore, I didn't need to go with an aggressive all-terrain tire. My goal was to keep the ride quality as close to stock as possible.

I am pleased with the fitment of the JAOS wheels. JAOS only offers the wheels in two colors: Matte Gun Metal Metallic and Titanium Gold. The Matte Gun Metal Metallic is darker in person than shown on the internet. I prefer more of a BMW Silver Color and wish that would have been an option.

The JAOS wheels come with two different offsets. The 55 offset is for a vehicle without fender flares, and the 38 offset is for an LX with flares. I had to order the wheels from an online retailer located in Japan. If you want to order these wheels, please send me a message, and I will provide the retailer's name.

I am selling the Vossen HF6-4s with the 30 offset at a discounted price. The Vossen HF6-4 is a complete set of four wheels with all hardware (Vossen Center Caps, Vossen Lug Nuts with a wheel lock). Two wheels had tires mounted, but they never saw any road use. They will come in the original boxes, and I will ship them. The price is $2,300 shipped in the contiguous USA.

View attachment 3159137

View attachment 3159149
Love these! Any idea what the lug nut size is as I’m having my rims powder coated gloss black to match the trim and need to buy black lug nuts?

Studs are 14MMx1.5

Aftermarket wheels most acorn seat

OE wheel are mag seat.

I am 99% sure Costco has both in black at stores for sale in tire department.

Or you can get some at Toyota (Tundra lugs)
Perfect, thank you!

Hey, do you still have the Vossen Wheels? Looking to order a set in black, but figured I would check with you before I did. Do you think you would have had any rubbing with the 275/55/20 or a 285/55/20 tires on the Vossens? Thanks for all the info, your LX looks great.

Hey, do you still have the Vossen Wheels? Looking to order a set in black, but figured I would check with you before I did. Do you think you would have had any rubbing with the 275/55/20 or a 285/55/20 tires on the Vossens? Thanks for all the info, your LX looks great.
I still have the Vossen Wheels, and I am happy to work a deal with you. The wheels are complete with all lugs, center caps, and factory boxes. Please send me a PM with your phone number, and I happy to work out a deal with you. I have no problem shipping. I want to get them sold ASAP. You can mount 285/55/20s on the Vossens without rubbing. I had plenty of room with the 275/55/20.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Bought some. Woo. Plan is stock size AT’s.
That should work, right?
I’ll just keep talking lol. Apparently there arezero tires in stock size. Even the Yokohama web site doesn’t list the stock 20” tires lol.
Plan is to switch the stock tires over to the trd wheels and see if I need a spacer. 🤷‍♂️

Not too much bigger than OE it is 33”

I think OE is about a 32”

I have put 275/60R20 Ridge on Vossen Forged and 285/50R22 Recon on OE F Sport with 1” spacers

Not too much bigger than OE it is 33”

I think OE is about a 32”

I have put 275/60R20 Ridge on Vossen Forged and 285/50R22 Recon on OE F Sport with 1” spacers
I bought ElvezTX Vossen wheels, looking to get tires for them this coming week. Was thinking of a 285/55R20. Did you have any Rubbing issues with the 275/60R20? I have a luxury model not sure if it has more room over the F-Sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom