Drive that 60!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let my 60 set for 45 days. Opened hood to find this. Battery box was stuffed with gravel! AARGHH!

60 2.jpg

60 1.jpg

I put mouse traps in my engine bay and in other places around the vehicle when camping long periods of time out in the wild.
Caught a whole bunch of mice.
I’d leave the victims out on a rock and the coyotes would gobble them up like candy at night.

But your nest I think takes the reward. Thats some ambitious nest building

I have a 2014 ford explorer parked next to my landcruiser and it was sitting for two months. I went to drive it and it didn't work. A rat had chewed through my entire main wiring harness under the hood. It was a costly fix. Luckily didn't touch the cruiser.

bounce dryer sheets keep mice away too an don’t stink everything up like mothballs do!! but yes mothballs do work well

Is that woodrats causing that in your area?
I lived on a farm for years in a forested area and had to leave the hood of the LC open at night.
I don't know what created this. Pack rat maybe. I haven't seen any but have seen some sign. I do know it wasnt mice. The battery box had at least 20 lbs of gravel from parking area packed into it. Also, the nest was built very tight. I had to use a screwdriver and work hard to break it up.

I just use them if it’s sitting for a bit. Would not drive around with them. One of the spots we hunt has a lot of mice and rats. They ate through a buddy’s wiring harness.

Seeing that makes me feel way better about the 7 cu gallons of mice nest that I vacuumed out of the last row of the headliner in the "Montana cruiser". I'm not ready to replace the headliner yet but could tell there was a nest in it that wanted to get out. I cut a 2" slit in the corner of the headliner and snaked the shop vac hose in and went at it for a couple hours. Burned up a shop vac in the process. Good to know re Irish Spring, not for the cruiser which is in the garage, but rather for my DD which sits outside at risk. We have a lot rats in our area and neighbors are reporting wiring damage to vehicles. Assume the Irish Spring would work with Norway Rats??

headliner.jpg

Seeing that makes me feel way better about the 7 cu gallons of mice nest that I vacuumed out of the last row of the headliner in the "Montana cruiser". I'm not ready to replace the headliner yet but could tell there was a nest in it that wanted to get out. I cut a 2" slit in the corner of the headliner and snaked the shop vac hose in and went at it for a couple hours. Burned up a shop vac in the process. Good to know re Irish Spring, not for the cruiser which is in the garage, but rather for my DD which sits outside at risk. We have a lot rats in our area and neighbors are reporting wiring damage to vehicles. Assume the Irish Spring would work with Norway Rats??

View attachment 3188802
Filled my Rigid 4 gallon a few times. Found a couple stowaways.

IMG_3880.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom