Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks again for the help WildSouth

tempImageWLd0Vm.png

Here is my HZJ73 I bought about 2 years ago.
Do any of you experts know what wheels these are? My spare doesn’t match and my OCD is showing. Thanks all.

View attachment 3134377
Nice! I'm just up the road in Monument and I think I've seen you around once. Let me know if you want to have a 70 series get together sometime.

Hey All,

IMG_5027.jpg

I am well overdue for creating an account and getting more involved on the site! I have been reading and learning from the community for the last few years as I searched for and eventually found my ’91 LJ-78 Prado. I originally purchased the truck from @vintage_coc about two years ago where the previous owner did an immense amount of work on the truck to include the VDJ70 front clip swap, the ARB Bumper and Winch, Spotties, Dobinson’s 4in lift, 33in tires with spacer and 5 lug adapters for OEM rims, Boost control and aftermarket radio. Since that time, I have done the following:

-Lowered the truck to a 2in Old Man Emu lift, done away with the spacers and mounted steelies.

-Swapped the Dual-Mass flywheel that was beginning to deteriorate with a Single-Mass along with a total rebuild of the clutch.

-New fluids/ engine mounts

-replaced exhaust

- cleaned up body rust spots aft of the passenger doors / reinforced the bumper with added welds

- rhino rack / polar RTT

I use the truck as a daily driver about half of the typical work week as I work full time, the rest of the time I like to take it out to overland for climbing, surfing and ski trips. The truck has been incredibly reliable and has no current mechanical or overheating issues to note. I have a laundry list of things that I would like to do to the truck the top of the list includes:

-EGR delete / Intercool the engine

-Oil catch can

-Regear the axels to 4.1 from the stock 4.88 (Truck is a pig on the highway, willing to trade torque for the ability to better use the truck for trips on the highway)

-Install aftermarket temp sensors

-Repaint the roof that has continued to fade

-Soundproof the cabin

-Step the 33in wheels down to a less aggressive tread for a more overland friendly tire

-Looking into Solar options for the use of electronics on trips post shutdown

Thanks again for all the wonderful information, hoping I can give back with documentation of a few projects I have planned. I am eager to learn and look forward to comments and critiques on my plan and any added Ideas you guys might have for the truck.

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

Cheers,

Hey All,

IMG_5027.jpg

I am well overdue for creating an account and getting more involved on the site! I have been reading and learning from the community for the last few years as I searched for and eventually found my ’91 LJ-78 Prado. I originally purchased the truck from @vintage_coc about two years ago where the previous owner did an immense amount of work on the truck to include the VDJ70 front clip swap, the ARB Bumper and Winch, Spotties, Dobinson’s 4in lift, 33in tires with spacer and 5 lug adapters for OEM rims, Boost control and aftermarket radio. Since that time, I have done the following:

-Lowered the truck to a 2in Old Man Emu lift, done away with the spacers and mounted steelies.

-Swapped the Dual-Mass flywheel that was beginning to deteriorate with a Single-Mass along with a total rebuild of the clutch.

-New fluids/ engine mounts

-replaced exhaust

- cleaned up body rust spots aft of the passenger doors / reinforced the bumper with added welds

- rhino rack / polar RTT

I use the truck as a daily driver about half of the typical work week as I work full time, the rest of the time I like to take it out to overland for climbing, surfing and ski trips. The truck has been incredibly reliable and has no current mechanical or overheating issues to note. I have a laundry list of things that I would like to do to the truck the top of the list includes:

-EGR delete / Intercool the engine

-Oil catch can

-Regear the axels to 4.1 from the stock 4.88 (Truck is a pig on the highway, willing to trade torque for the ability to better use the truck for trips on the highway)

-Install aftermarket temp sensors

-Repaint the roof that has continued to fade

-Soundproof the cabin

-Step the 33in wheels down to a less aggressive tread for a more overland friendly tire

-Looking into Solar options for the use of electronics on trips post shutdown

Thanks again for all the wonderful information, hoping I can give back with documentation of a few projects I have planned. I am eager to learn and look forward to comments and critiques on my plan and any added Ideas you guys might have for the truck.

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

Cheers,
Does it still have the 2L-TE?

Yes it does, no overheating or real problems to note thus far, she's been cross country once and makes multiple trips around SoCal, ~95kph on the highway so looking to do something about it while I've got life left in the engine.
Interesting that the previous owner would put so much effort into making it look like a “better” 70 series without actually doing an engine swap. I would’ve done the opposite…

Yes it does, no overheating or real problems to note thus far, she's been cross country once and makes multiple trips around SoCal, ~95kph on the highway so looking to do something about it while I've got life left in the engine.
If your looking for some more pwr. what I found worked really well was swapping the e- pump for a mechanical 3L pump.
and putting in some real toyota 1kzt injectors. PN. 23600-69105. Doesn't make it run any hotter and sure gives it some right now get up and go. I think the original 2lte injectors were not designed to run on ultra low sulfur diesel. the injector upgrade makes it just a bit better than original stock. The mechanical IP is non opinionated, gives more fuel as soon as you push the pedal and makes the turbo spool up very quickly. The 3L pump has a different tach output than the 2lte pump But a correction resistor in the tach can be changed to make the tach read correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom